my topend sucks

joey maggs

i just jetted at 280s and it idles great and runs good through midrange but topend loses power and get a little poppy the the exhuast. i raised the needle and it helped. do you guys think i should go up to 290s? i dont know alot about banshees so im thinking its the jetts since i adjusted them and it got better? thanks

if you want help, please give info about your mods and elevation.....i am not expert but if your banshee is bogging that means it is rich.....

his mods would help however i dunno if running rich would cause it to pop i know running lean can but running rich will cause it to lose top end it will just sound like it's running really rich, no popping or anything and if he raised the needle and the mid range got better, thats because he gave it "more fuel" i'd suggest going up a couple sizes if it's that bad. you are better rich than lean and if you are lean now you wanna be a little rich.

up, up, UP!

bogging can be caused by both rich, and lean. if you're lean enough to pop, then you are really lean. start with 340's for the mains. when you get a litte sputtering on the topend wot, go down 1 size at a time. do a plug chop to confirm

Edited by AKheathen