Is a banshee right for me?

I'm trying to figure out what quad would be right for me. Im a yamaha guy, so i have been looking at getting a raptor, a warror, or a banshee. The biggest thing that plays in this, is my size. Im a well fed 6'4'' 390lb guy, and i want something that would be fast and fun for me. What would be the best choice for some with little knowlege in these 3 quad?

id go ahead and rule out the banshee and the warrior. i dont think a guy your size would be happy on either.. of the three i would go with a raptor 700. they seem to have pretty decent power and are a little bigger bike than the other two. they can be modded to run pretty good and there are plenty of aftermarket parts out there for them.

id go ahead and rule out the banshee and the warrior. i dont think a guy your size would be happy on either.. of the three i would go with a raptor 700. they seem to have pretty decent power and are a little bigger bike than the other two. they can be modded to run pretty good and there are plenty of aftermarket parts out there for them.

X2. I have a good sized buddy that used to have a 660. It fit him well. When I would ride it I could never keep the front end down and I felt lost on it. The center of gravity seemed way too high for me @ 6' 175#.

SP

yeah i thought the raptors felt a lil big to. alot taller. or you could get a grizzly700 and mod that bitch out. mine is pretty fast and it almost stock. toss a pipe and programmer on it and your at like 85 hp so they are pretty fast. and you can do a shit load more mods. even turbo now. just depends on how much money u have.

P.S. im 5' 11" and 180lb

Edited by grizzly700

I'm 6' & 250lb and a built Banshee is good for me but I know my buddy who is 50lbs lighter than me would be alot faster on it. 390, I hope you don't ride hard because the stock suspension isn't going to handle it. If I was a guy your size I would definitely get something with independent rear suspension. I am a Yamaha guy too and would test drive a Grizzly or maybe even a Can Am Renegade 800.

Artic cat makes a Thundercat 1000cc that is bastard fast for a 4x4. Its very sporty for a utility and with a few mods will run close to a stock 450. The CanAm Renegade is also pretty fast, but the ride wasn't as good as the Thundercat in my opinion. Your to dam big for a sport bike.

I would say banshee or a sport utility.

Banshee's can hold a large variety of riders. I know guys that are the same size as you and ride a banshee and are perfectly happy with it. You might want to turn the pre-loads up, but that's all. A banshee with nice tall handlebars and some bolt on mods like pipes to get you up and going.

But if not, grizzly 660's are getting cheaper and cheaper. I saw a couple 02 and 03's the other day for around 3k- 3.5k. They're very nice quads and have some balls to them. Very big and comfortable. Haha in loose grass I raced one and lost because my shee kept spinning and not moving very fast and he railed ahead.

I would forget about the renegade, thundercat, and grizzly 700 guys. I think he's on a budget which is why he narrowed it down to those three, a warrior raptor and banshee. That's why the griz 660 would be perfect.

And to the guy that said a pipe and programmer makes a grizzly 700 85hp stop smoking crack.

If you are after sport ATV and want to go with Yamaha, I would go with Banshee over the Raptor.

Just because of the seat is so mutch wider and better. You can allways get new handlebars and raise them if necessary. You can put new +2+1 A-arms with new aftermarket shocks and +2 or +4 swinger with stiffer shock and maybe 23" front and 22" rear tyres to make it look a little "bigger". With some mods and right gearing I think the performance will be more than fine.

I have ride a Raptors, YZF and LT R 450 and it just feels like I have moore room riding with my Banshee.

Your weight is not a problem with even a bone stock Banshee. I was riding with my wife and there was over 440lbs on it and it performed well. The first problem is the rear suspension ( I have Öhlins up front).

....just my 0.02€ cents.

i am 6'4'' as well, but i am only 190 lbs.. i would say that heavier guys should prolly lean towards a 4 poke.. the power band is much more suited towards supporting ur weight, and you will have alot more fun with that then havin to chase gears all the time on a 2 stroke... i think that the machine you should really look into would be a grizzly, they are pretty fast and would support ur size much better performance and comfort wise...

Hey i understand where your coming from. when i was 16 an had my first banshee i weigh 365 an was on 5'3. i put all my money in that thing just to make it fast an it was still pretty fast clocked at 83mph with a 365lb man on it. but now im 24 an 5'8 an only 180 lbs. but i have a frined thats is 6'3 that weighs 397lbs an he drives an arctic cat 400 an it does him great. so id lean torwards the grizzly in my eyes. im not trying to be an ass bout anything but my suspension on my shee when i was at 365 was almost bottomed out just siting on it. when i hit a bump it would bottom out. i myself would have to replace the stock shock atleast once every 6 months cause of my weight.

I also forgot to mention that on my buddies cat we took 4 hockey pucks drilled a hole through the center of them an then compressed the srings an took the shocks aprt an stuck them in there to give him a 1 inch lift an to also take of some of the weight from the hrdrolics to put more pressure on the springs. So far he's only blew out 1 shock in 3 years. So that might b something that u might b able to do on a grizzley to not sure but it would b a place to start.