4 mill

measure the stroke. stock is 54mm and +4 is 58mm. you're gonna need 795 series pistons if its a long rod (115mm rods instead of 110mm). otherwise 513's will work. it needs to be ported, and 4mill domes or a cut head is preferred over the spacer plates.

whats the best way of meausring the stroke/? with a micrometer. and do i measure from the bottom of the crank to the top of the rod. or do i need to just measre the rod, like take the crank apart so i can just get a bare rod to measure? i confuised

whats the best way of meausring the stroke/? with a micrometer. and do i measure from the bottom of the crank to the top of the rod. or do i need to just measre the rod, like take the crank apart so i can just get a bare rod to measure? i confuised

if the motor is together, you can get a digital caliper (or dial caliper, vernial caliper etc.) and measure the stroke through the spark plug hole.

<!--quoteo(post=1045732:date=Aug 24 2009, 01:06 AM:name=volfan537240)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (volfan537240 @ Aug 24 2009, 01:06 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1045732"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->if the motor is together, you can get a digital caliper (or dial caliper, vernial caliper etc.) and measure the stroke through the spark plug hole.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

no its not together its just a complete bottom end. so no jug or head

k so if i put the piston on temperary and jug and head. i take the spark plug out. do i put the piston at BDC and stick a digital caliper in the hole and see if its reads 118 mm?

yep

k so i did a little messin around today. got a digital caliper out and at TDC i got34mm. at BDC i got around 88mm... i put the head back on as suggested and put the caliper in the hole. maybe im slightly retarted cause i feel like im not doin it right at all. you said rotate it a 1/2 turn. am i rotating the flywheel? fml

k so i did a little messin around today. got a digital caliper out and at TDC i got34mm. at BDC i got around 88mm... i put the head back on as suggested and put the caliper in the hole. maybe im slightly retarted cause i feel like im not doin it right at all. you said rotate it a 1/2 turn. am i rotating the flywheel? fml

88-34=54mm. thats a stock stroke crank. sorry dude.