stock head displacement?

Valin

Wow. 24.3cc's and 10.9 CR after cutting 30 thou. That's rediculous.

As far as having to run fuel pumps, that might not be necessary since it looks like there are members on here running 34's and bigger off gravity feed. We'd have to turn the fuel inlet spigots upwards, but not a big deal. Then again, running a pulse line for a fuel pump into the crankcase is very easy to do also.

If you ever need any info or help with the sled, let me know.

oh no, not 24.3cc after .030" cut. 24.3cc is bone stock head. i don't know what my other head cc's up to, that's cut .030". i have 2 heads, one cut and one not. i should have cc'ed the head, but didn't.

the chambers should come out to just under 21.8cc's. i would havethem rechambered and milled a little more, personally. i ran 20cc, pushing it with stock timing and 91 octane, and a low-mid setup, but now, i'm @ +5 timing running 95oct safely, not worried about high reving it. 21 with advanced timing is generally the safe pump limit, on stock stroke.

the chambers should come out to just under 21.8cc's. i would havethem rechambered and milled a little more, personally. i ran 20cc, pushing it with stock timing and 91 octane, and a low-mid setup, but now, i'm @ +5 timing running 95oct safely, not worried about high reving it. 21 with advanced timing is generally the safe pump limit, on stock stroke.

which chambers should come out to just under 21.8cc?? my head that's shaved the .030", or a stock one?

which chambers should come out to just under 21.8cc?? my head that's shaved the .030", or a stock one?

the shaved head.

also, i believe there was something you had to do about the floats when switching the carbs to gravity. probably just adjustment. maybey you can pull the emultion tube and see where the fuel level comes to on gravity feed. :shrug:

Edited by AKheathen

I wouldn't think that you would have to adjust the float bowls when going gravity from a fuel pump. I will have to spin the fuel spigots around, since they are pointing down at the moment. I am also going to have to shorten the carb spacing a bit, which is no big deal whatsoever. I think the 33mm flatslides should work great. Well, i'm going to try it anyways.