connecting rod rebuid

doesn't anyone on here spell check there posts anymore?!?!

top row, ABC with a check mark under it, you should try it sometime...

You should try it sometime as well. "There" in your sentence should be "Their". Don't be a douche.

The kid is just trying to get something done on his own. Saving his money and trying to fix the bike on his own. Pretty good if you ask me.

My suggestion is dont worry about the rod if it's not messed up. If you can afford Weisco pistons and a bore that would be your best bet.

You should try it sometime as well. "There" in your sentence should be "Their". Don't be a douche.

The kid is just trying to get something done on his own. Saving his money and trying to fix the bike on his own. Pretty good if you ask me.

My suggestion is dont worry about the rod if it's not messed up. If you can afford Weisco pistons and a bore that would be your best bet.

ya thanks man but if i use the stock rods they wont break if i bore it 20 over right thats what this guys said but everyone else said it wont and how much will that up the compresison on the stock head i got

yammy can you understand plain english?????????????????????You have been told by more than me quit worring about the rod breaking. It gets frustrating you asking the same old stuff over and over. If you aint gone listen y ask????? Maybe you should go ahead and let your buddy help you cause its apparent you don't trust us. Not being mean just stating facts

yammy can you understand plain english?????????????????????You have been told by more than me quit worring about the rod breaking. It gets frustrating you asking the same old stuff over and over. If you aint gone listen y ask????? Maybe you should go ahead and let your buddy help you cause its apparent you don't trust us. Not being mean just stating facts

i know my bad guys i trust u i just want to get a differant seeing on what other people say but i am going to order the parts tomomw maybe i have to work so idk

The stock rod is fine. There is plenty of 90+ hp cub banshee's running a stock crank and rods. Hardly anybody puts new rods on a crank any more. It is cheaper to replace the whole crank with a Hot Rods crank.

Call Jeff at FAST. He could be in the 300/350 range for a bore, pistons, and gaskets.

ya thanks man but if i use the stock rods they wont break if i bore it 20 over right thats what this guys said but everyone else said it wont and how much will that up the compresison on the stock head i got

0.020" over isn't going to effect your compression at all just because your pistons are bigger. A fresh top end will bring it back to where it was if the rings are bad or the cyl is scored. It isn't going to effect your power at all. It isn't going to change your engine except for the fact that you have very slightly larger pistons, 0.020" is equal to 0.50 mm. There are guys that run 0.100" over (the absolute largest bore you can go on stock cylinders) which is equal to 2.50 mm and still run stock rods on the crank.

As said, noone changes rods because it is cheaper to buy a crank.

I think I've said it three times now and I know others have said the same thing multiple times. Go to the clymers manual and see what it says about boring and reploacing pistons. It gives you cleareance for rod play and crank runnout but NEVER does it say replace stock rods with bigger rods. Your buddy is an idiot and you need to stop asking the same question because your not going to get a different answer here.

SP

0.020" over isn't going to effect your compression at all just because your pistons are bigger. A fresh top end will bring it back to where it was if the rings are bad or the cyl is scored. It isn't going to effect your power at all. It isn't going to change your engine except for the fact that you have very slightly larger pistons, 0.020" is equal to 0.50 mm. There are guys that run 0.100" over (the absolute largest bore you can go on stock cylinders) which is equal to 2.50 mm and still run stock rods on the crank.

As said, noone changes rods because it is cheaper to buy a crank.

I think I've said it three times now and I know others have said the same thing multiple times. Go to the clymers manual and see what it says about boring and reploacing pistons. It gives you cleareance for rod play and crank runnout but NEVER does it say replace stock rods with bigger rods. Your buddy is an idiot and you need to stop asking the same question because your not going to get a different answer here.

SP

Thanks my dada friend is going to help me with the rebuild

only reason you would replace the rod(s) would be 1. If your bearings seized and scored the bearing surface (unlikely) or 2. you want to goto a long rod( which when you add the price of swithing to that you might as well just get a pre-done crank or better yet goto a 4mm :evil: . The stock Royal rod work tits, I have been putting +80hp to them with out a worry in my mind that they will fail, that guy that told you to replace them is a douche, and wants your money.