best set of padles

dunershee

your kidding me right? Sand stars are one of the best v-paddle made! :blink:

if you just HAVE to buy a v-paddle (which nobody does) then buy sandstars. but, if your gonna buy a paddle then go with a skat trak hauler or extreme.

if you just HAVE to buy a v-paddle (which nobody does) then buy sandstars. but, if your gonna buy a paddle then go with a skat trak hauler or extreme.

couldnt have said it better myself. I sold the sand stars and got some 8 paddle skat trac hauler extremes in hope of building a 4 mill this winter and love them.

Looks like haulers takes the cake! I'm ganna give them a shot! Always wanted to do sand wheelies :)

Just don't over paddle, or you wont like them.

Whats your mods?

Run 14/44 gearing and get some 22x11x8 12paddle ultra-lites. The straight haulers are a little lighter than the extremes, but the ext. have a little more bite (need bigger motor or gearing). I have multiple friends with stock motors w/t5s and fmfs running awsome. They are the shit, kinda spendy though, but worth every cent!

I run a set of 21x12x8 10 paddle haulers on the bike in my sig with 14/44 gearing. Paddles are kinda spendy but if your some what good to them they will last you a long time so with that said look to your future and put some thought in to what mods might want to do and buy paddles accordingly (I my self look forward to building a dune ported 371 long rod this winter) if your just going to do the bolt on thing for the next 3 years a set of 8 paddles will work for you well, if your going to port polish, add bigger carbs, longer swinger and drag pipes look in to some nine paddles. Bigger motor I'd say 10 paddles are a good chose unless your going over 421 then all bets are off and your in to the drag race side of things and thats not some thing I can really comment on!

Edited by patrickkomar

I run a 4 mil with 21" 9 paddles on 8" rims. I've run haulers and the extremes and while the extremes are tougher I think the haulers actually bite harder. JMO. If you buy off of ebay, just be careful because there are some cheap tires on there that they advertise as haulers but the are sand haulers like previously mentioned. They are a cheap knock off of the Skat Trak haulers. I have seen these tires and they are ok but I would spend the extra for the Skat Traks if it were me.

I have also run 10" rims and 8" rims. I love the 8s. The 10s were a lot heavier. I get a lot better "wheel spin" from the 8s due to the unspun weight difference. Some people may argue that the 10s are better for duning cause they won't roll as much but I have never had an issue and I ride 75% dunes and 25% drags.

SP