Pipe change ? fattys to cpi

• 2 weeks later...
I tried the 160 mains on the cpis but now when im in the upper rpms it has a sputter but it is much more responsive on the low end than it was with the fattys. Do you think i need to go bigger on the main jet????

I dynoed mine when I had the CPIs on it and we settled at 158 mains. What's your elevation?

SP

So you do think the sputtering is caused from it leaning out?

Actually I would think the sputtering would be from too much fuel. But with you being at sea level the air density is greater therefore you would need more fuel to keep from being lean. But I am also judging that based on my set up and running CPIs. Maybe my port job flows more therefore I would need more fuel, thus the bigger jet size. That is exactly why I jet mine on a dyno to get me in the ballpark. I would post in the jetting forum and see what the jetting gurus have to say.

SP

Im at about 650asl and I have the 158 main 50 pilot, I went from t5s to the cpi's and thought I would need to jet up. Went to a 160, then back down to 158, must have been richer than I thought with the t5's. Do a plug chop to be more accurate, I would think 158-160.