400 big bore or porting

Ive been wanting to get more power out of my shed and was wondering if it is better to get a 400 big bore kit or to get my stock cylinders ported. Which makes more hp? Which is more reliable? Would I need bgger carbs or a cool head? Would I have to run race gas? These are all things I would

Like to know thanks

You can do a strong Play/dune port on stock cyls. and have a great running bike with stock carbs on pump gas for much less $ and be very reliable!!

Cool head will help but you can run stock head cut if on a budget

Oh sorry, yeah, um , Treated wood with slickum! :whistling:

Porting without a question is your best bet for much more power and reliability. A coolHead is worth the investment too, so is a billit timing Plate and a set of aftermarket reeds. Youde be realy suprised at how much diffrence a +4 degree advance gives you and its still very reliable and the reeds really spped up acceleration and adds a boost thoughout the powerband. Its all about the $$$ though. I put on all of the bolton power mods and Im pretty damn happy with the power I have. no port job yet.

Bnahsee cylinders are severely restricted with castingflaws, sairflow, etc. Open that sonna bitch up by a good porter (HJR, FAST, WIldcard, etc.) and you got a force to reckon with.

Big bore kits put a dent in your wallet with not much gain...