detonation?

tonyown

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okok I see but can someone explain me what is a piece of solder cuz I speak french and cant figure out what it is.... I used translator but it tells me it's weld.... I'd like to be bilingual :ermm:

I'll measure it when I will know what to use lol

Solder

most use 0.65"OD...

OK...I'm old n slo...

Edited by tedd1

okok I think i know what it is we call this ''etain'' searched it on translator before i post they said it's ''tin'' in english lol

so I'll measure it ty

I think you would want something that is 50/50 tin and lead or at least 70/30 tin and lead. The higher the lead content the softer the solder is.

SP

Here if you dont really understand here. A video Always helps. Just he has the head off in this vid and you dont need too.

Sometimes it easier to know what to do and whats going on when you can see it first hand or in a video and this guy pretty much explains it all to you and whats what.

And hell you even get to listen to Judas Priest playin in the back ground :thumbsup:

i bought a micro meter and if i remember well how it works I think my right side's 0.26 and left 0.20 or 0.22 it's strange, the plug backed out in right cylinder

and it's really hard to get the left side solder compressed i have to turn the crank some turn to touch the solder... wth happen :down:

Edited by tonyown

Please check it.

It should be in a .045 range or so, that's inches by the way, not mm.

.2 anything and it won't run for crap, if it's .2 something millimeters, the pistons will be smacking the head.

You need to get an accurate measurement, not go from memory, this is critical.

ok lol i verified it's .042 on left side and .056 on right side

I'll have to take an other look at the .042 cuz the piston dont touch the solder enough to get a good part of the solder compressed...

the plug that came back was on the .056 side

Is there any tips for the solder compression does it need to be long enough to go to the cylinder wall or what leght to insert in plug hole?

Take several measurements.

.014 different in left to right cylinder, something is wrong if you're doing the squish properly.

I've had mine differ by .001 to .002....but .014? Something isn't right.

You MUST be sure you are sliding the solder in left to right, NOT front to back. If you smash it with the intake or exhaust side of the piston you'll get a faulty reading due to piston rock. The piston can't rock side to side....

Take several measurements.

.014 different in left to right cylinder, something is wrong if you're doing the squish properly.

I've had mine differ by .001 to .002....but .014? Something isn't right.

You MUST be sure you are sliding the solder in left to right, NOT front to back. If you smash it with the intake or exhaust side of the piston you'll get a faulty reading due to piston rock. The piston can't rock side to side....

X2 There shouldn't be that much variance between cylinders. And like Dave said, you want to take you squish reading directly above the wrist pin so the piston cannot rock back and forth with the solder as close to the cylinder wall as possible.

Most people run a squish just slightly more then 1mm (0.040") so your 0.042" reading is good but the other side should be al lot closer.

I would double check your process and take several readings also.

Good luck.

SP