Mid range hesitation

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup its probably tired thats why i rebuilt my top end. after it gets lower in compression mid-range will be mostly gone. my top end lasted 6 yrs tho jus rebuilt it 2 weeks ago only had to go one size over stock which is sick for being an 03'. and the only reason i did is because of the mid range it still pulled like a som bitch.

I just put this motor together 2 months ago, Maybe 3 tanks through the motor.....

dude i doubt its the motor.do a compression test-if you just built it im sure its fine.i swear to god my bike is doing the exact same shit and sounds the exact same way.im lost too but im running 34tm mikunis and no one here has them it seems.try those needles from cascade-that snopsynski guy seems to be pretty knowledgeable.if i find anything on mine ill let you know bro-were in the same shitter,and its sucks because since my motor was built it has done this!even running shitty tho i pulled an unported 421 cub.good luck.try the needles. :confused:

Well i put my stock carbs back on with, 330mains, 30 pilots, and middle clip needle and its STILL doing the same thing. Only thing i can think of now is the motor is toast, and if it is i might as well start tearing it down for the winter.

Whats done to the motor? Sorry if you already posted earlier.

dude i doubt its the motor.do a compression test-if you just built it im sure its fine.i swear to god my bike is doing the exact same shit and sounds the exact same way.im lost too but im running 34tm mikunis and no one here has them it seems.try those needles from cascade-that snopsynski guy seems to be pretty knowledgeable.if i find anything on mine ill let you know bro-were in the same shitter,and its sucks because since my motor was built it has done this!even running shitty tho i pulled an unported 421 cub.good luck.try the needles. :confused:

I had a stock stroke motor that sucked ass midrange. Ran like a striped monkey on top but the middle sucked ass. Carbs were too big and was flooding it out. Too much fuel for the flow through the motor. I was running PWK 35s on it. Dropped to 33s and it made a world of difference. Just something to think about if you have someone you can swap carbs with to test before you invest in new carbs. Guy on here by the name of Blueduece led me down this path to smaller carbs.

SP

Whats done to the motor? Sorry if you already posted earlier.

Its a HJR Dune/play port stock stroke with 19cc domes, currently it has the stock head on it now and went through the entire wiring harness also.

I had a stock stroke motor that sucked ass midrange. Ran like a striped monkey on top but the middle sucked ass. Carbs were too big and was flooding it out. Too much fuel for the flow through the motor. I was running PWK 35s on it. Dropped to 33s and it made a world of difference. Just something to think about if you have someone you can swap carbs with to test before you invest in new carbs. Guy on here by the name of Blueduece led me down this path to smaller carbs.

SP

I have stock carbs on it now. 330main, 30 pilot, middle clip on the needle, 2 turns on the airscrew, and NO FILTERS (just to test/tune on the street),

It sounds to me that in the video it is a little rich. I would call that more toward the lowerer end. Now from what little experience i have diferent port jobs sometimes produce bad characteristics on bottom end especially if it is a full drag or a port for upper rpms. It has alot to do with duration. You may not get it perfect throughout the band. But I think it can be better. Almost sound as though it is loading up. What ratio is the oil as if it would matter? If it is like 32:1 it will be rich in oil. When you put more fuel you also are dumping more oil. Mine did about this same thing when I put a drag port setup on. I had stock carbs with 27,5 pilots and 350 mains. I ended up runnig Super techniplate @ 50:1 instead of the 32:1 I was running. Just a thought.

Hey, after watching the video you are in the lowend. That was like in 3rd or 4th gear and a slow speed. You are pinning the throttle and dumping lots of gas. Not gone get a hole lot better I dont think. Not with that set up. A 2 stroke has to be in its zone "sweet spot" to perform like it is susposed to. That slow in that high of a gear is making it very unhappy.

ok you tell me why it wont pull 1st gear up a hill.... Im just displaying the symptoms.... this happens in EVERY gear, If been UP and down on my jetting doesnt make a lick of difference, IF YOU WATCH closely you can see the front lift as its pulling through the lower RPM's then STOPS starts sputtering/missing or w/e the fuck, Cleans up and takes off. Not trying to be a dick but the only thing not diagnosed is the stator itself. The flywheel puller came in today so i may fuck with it or just take a break. Im just about over it. This bike before it started acting up would LIFT the front tires off the ground in 4th.... if i just pinned it.

ok you tell me why it wont pull 1st gear up a hill.... Im just displaying the symptoms.... this happens in EVERY gear, If been UP and down on my jetting doesnt make a lick of difference, IF YOU WATCH closely you can see the front lift as its pulling through the lower RPM's then STOPS starts sputtering/missing or w/e the fuck, Cleans up and takes off. Not trying to be a dick but the only thing not diagnosed is the stator itself. The flywheel puller came in today so i may fuck with it or just take a break. Im just about over it. This bike before it started acting up would LIFT the front tires off the ground in 4th.... if i just pinned it.

There is no way we can diagnose this thing by looking at a video. If you cant read what the bikes doing and tell us, then we aren't going to be able to help you fix it.

I hate it when people try to have me watch a video or listen to a bike over the phone.

Have you looked at the easy shit like ohming the coil plug caps? Checking for melted and shorted wiring?