New Carbs?

Just wondering if I should throw some new carbs on the shee.....Im not familar with much when it comes to differant carbs. I threw a 44mm Lectron on my yfz450 and loved it.

I ride about 98% dunes (little sahara)

Heres my mods so far.

06 Shee

Cpi inframes

Vforce 3 reed cages

+4 Timing

K&N Filter pods with air box removed

Cool head coming soon

Do you have any porting done? Usually with what all you have and some porting bigger carbs will help. I've never put bigger carbs on a mostly stock bike to see what it'd do. I've always had fairly good luck with stock carbs on my stock bikes.

If you do decide you want to go bigger I've got some 34pj's that ran great for me for sale.

your pipes and reeds perform best at high rpms and bigger carbs give your more mid to top-end power so i think it would compliment your setup

you could lose a little low-end power but that really depends on how much bigger you go

Yeah no porting or anything yet, the bike only has about 8 hours on it.

Their is just so many differant carb choices im stumped....I've seen some good deals on bigger carbs on ebay, good idea?

Whats a PWK and all these differant ones I hear about?

There are several different carbs out there from each manufacturer. Mikuni, Keihin, Lectron, etc. Usually a matter of personal preference as well as type of fuel to be used. IMO I don't think you'll realize the benefit of a larger carb on a stock port motor. A stock port motor just doesn't flow enough volume to warrant increased fuel consumption. It will likely start to flood out until the RPMs can catch up and have a severe dead spot down low from being choked with so much fuel. Porting would be the best bang for your buck and run well with stock carbs, then you could upgrade to bigger carbs and actually realize some benefit from them.

SP

Okay thats really good to know...i'll have to look into some good porting work here in the future. There are still a ton of bolt ons i want first, cool head soon for sure!

I have a Pro Design head I'd let go for $100. There are several good builders on here that do excellent port work. HJR, F.A.S.T, Wildercard, Passion, Flotek, all have great reps and customer service. Just call around and talk to them and see who "feels" right.

Good luck and PM me if your interested in the head.

SP

now can i use the stock intake boots with aftermarket carbs?

LOL! Some carbs yes, some no. It all depends on the size of the outlet of the carb. Check out the manufacturers websites and they will list all carb dimensions.

SP