one cylinder running extremly hot

So this is my first Banshee and I am fairly new to riding. Problem is my right cylinder seems to running extremely hot! The left side I can touch the pipes even after running for 5 minutes but the right side I can just feel the heat from about 6 inches away. When revving it up it seems the left side smokes much more then the right. I have FMF gold series pipes on a 4 mil stroker with about 1 hr on the full rebuild.

So this is my first Banshee and I am fairly new to riding. Problem is my right cylinder seems to running extremely hot! The left side I can touch the pipes even after running for 5 minutes but the right side I can just feel the heat from about 6 inches away. When revving it up it seems the left side smokes much more then the right. I have FMF gold series pipes on a 4 mil stroker with about 1 hr on the full rebuild.

Smokin any more on the right?

hmm i'll have to check to make sure it doesnt have an air leak. It looks like the left cylinder smokes more of a white smoke and not a blue smoke like it should but the right doesnt seem to smoke much at all. Now I dont know if this would help but I took the left plug wire off and tried starting the banshee and it wouldnt start. then unpluged the right side and it would start on the left cylinder. Thanks guys

Sounds like it's only running on the right cylinder. If you can touch the pipe near the head after running for five minutes, it's not producing any heat. Do a compression test. You should get a little smoke from both exhaust pipes, no smoke from the left means no fire in the cylinder.

Sounds like it's only running on the right cylinder. If you can touch the pipe near the head after running for five minutes, it's not producing any heat. Do a compression test. You should get a little smoke from both exhaust pipes, no smoke from the left means no fire in the cylinder.

well the left side still smokes but produces more of a white smoke. plus it would start if i unplugged the right side. I'll check compression this weekend and will check the choke tube.

well the left side still smokes but produces more of a white smoke. plus it would start if i unplugged the right side. I'll check compression this weekend and will check the choke tube.

Sounds to me like the left side isn't running also. The right side may not be "too" hot, it maybe just right. Being that you are new to your banshee it could be that you notice a difference but not sure which one is correct. I would definitely do a leak down test to insure there is no air leak. It could be something as simple as the carbs being out of sync with each other.

Does it do it at all throttle positions? Only idle? Could also be as previously mentioned, a compression issue on the left side.

Disconnecting the plug wires is a good test because it will run on one cylinder. Could be that you don't have fire on that one side (coil wire, plug cap, etc.). Try swapping plug wires and see if the problem stays with the cylinder or follows the wire.

SP

i had pretty much the same problem with my bike once. noteable decrease in power as well. i could also deffinately tell that cylinder wasnt firing after i witnessed unburnt fule comming from my exaust pipe. also noticed that it i listened close i couldnt hear the tinging comming from the exaust either. lost story short ended up having to rebuild top end and get a new crank.