port work w/ superstock pistons

Hello to all BHQ members I am new to the fourm. Now for my ?, I'm getting a dune and play port done on my cylinders and after removal I pushed my banshee while it was still in gear and I broke the piston so new ones are needed and I was wondering if I could run vito's or wisco's super stock pistons with a port job? I was under the impression that I could but some one else told me that I might run into a issues. can any one help, I was trying to get some pistons a.s.a.p

Don't run the Vito's super stock pistons on a ported motor, they have recesses in the crown that are meant to give the same effect as porting . Rather get a set of Wiseco pro lites. While you are getting the porting done, get the bores checked as well. No point putting shiny new pistons in bores that are worn.

Don't run the Vito's super stock pistons on a ported motor, they have recesses in the crown that are meant to give the same effect as porting . Rather get a set of Wiseco pro lites. While you are getting the porting done, get the bores checked as well. No point putting shiny new pistons in bores that are worn.

thx for the heads up, I guess i will just buy some more power pistons

just get a set of wiseco pro-lits, FAST racing has them on sale at the moment for a hell of a price

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=118540

I see alot of people on here like wiseco pro-lites what is so good about these over wiseco power pistons ? the power pistons add 6hp to the bottom end and 6hp to the mid. I did not see any hp gain with the pro-lites. if its just price difference Im not trying to save a buck. im looking for the best performance for my dollar not the best value. thats just me, I belive you get what you pay for. thanx for the info

I see alot of people on here like wiseco pro-lites what is so good about these over wiseco power pistons ? the power pistons add 6hp to the bottom end and 6hp to the mid. I did not see any hp gain with the pro-lites. if its just price difference Im not trying to save a buck. im looking for the best performance for my dollar not the best value. thats just me, I belive you get what you pay for. thanx for the info

I hear what your saying about price and it sounds soo good! So many people want everything for nothing or drop $1500 into a port and parts and then want to reuse seals and make gaskets from cereal boxes!

Anyway, when you made the stupid mistake of rolling this thing in gear while the pistons were hanging out there with nothing to guide them up and down, what happened to the pieces that broke off? Was the hole in the upper case tucked in with rags or had it been left open? You are going to need to clean the top of the case mounting surface very well. Nice and smooth. You likewise don't want ANYTHING inside the case. Especially small pieces of leftover piston.

Depending on what actually happened, good money (time) may be spend pulling the motor and splitting the cases cleaning (replacing) bearings. Checking crank specs. Shift forks and shafts are a good thing to replace and are fairly cheap. Plus now you can put all new seals in easily. Reseal good to prevent premature airleaks on a new motor. Just money very well spent and you do get what you pay for.

Good Luck and next time take the chain off!

SP