Octane Booster

i buy av gas from a local airport and met the owner, he showed me the tech sheet on it. the av gas by me is actually 108 octane and it is graded my the normal gas standards.

agreed. Have a best friend that works at the airport where I get my gas and he said it varies, between 100-110 and that it is indeed graded by "pump gas standards"

Also seen someone say ^^^ up there that it's meant to be burned at high altitudes, how exactly does a fuel know where it's at? And what altitude its being burned? Not trying to be funny. Seriously?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100LL is = to 110 race gas.

Also, the planes don't need to make big power it altitude, they need max power at takeoff.

Top builders like Tim Bond at Titan Racing have confirmed to me over the years that 100LL is a great 2-stroke fuel. The "Low "lead " is by aviation standards, not by auto.

If you can still get AV gas.......do it while you can. Cause "The Man" is cracking down on the sale of it and treating it like a threat to national security. :angry:

I live 5 min. from a large airport and I CAN'T buy it. (I would need to file a tail number and pilot license for them to even think about talking to me about fuel.) :(

Your all missing the point. He's asking about putting Octane booster in the tank.......everybody knows it only works right if you put it in your boost bottle. I notice a big difference when my boost bottle runs out of boost juice. Powerband falls off right away. :shootself:

Boost juice is a real thing. The guy in the shop way into diesel racing uses it.