engine oil

SVT03

I use gear saver 80 wt, but next time you post u might want to do a search first, this topic has been covered a million times

well being how it didnt bring anything up when I searched that's not going to do me much good..that's kinda why I started this thread

There will be a few members telling you to do a search... I have been there, done that. Error. No results. Blah Blah Blah

Post up, and learn. Some guys spend lots of time on here, like all day. So they get sick of these questions. They may never answer any of my questions ever again, oh well. They are stuck up and can go pound sand. You have a question, it needs answered. Plain and simple. They don't own the forum. The forum owners never complain about it... always the guys who are on all day, every day. And I can name a few.

I use GearSaver 85 WT. Use only the best. I tried ATF Type F, and saw lots of wear in the clutch plates and tranny. Not with BelRay GearSaver though.

ATF Type F users seeem to be drag racers. I seen them, talked with them, and even on here, looked at their sigs. Look at the guys who post they use ATF type F... MOSTLY, I repeat, mostly... drag racers. They run their bikes for 1, 2, 3, 10, etc. passes. Not much. They change often. Guys who ride, run their bikes hard, run good stuff. 3-5 passes on the track is not 8-10 hours in the dunes. Or... in my case, the coal hills. Don't let your bike come in second place. Use good oil.

I asked many times in the past, and came to that conclusion after 1 hour with that fucking garbage in my tranny/clutch.

While it might work for them, won't work for the everyday banshee owner Joe...

Good luck.

Tony

Edited by TeamRealtreeHD

That's a very interesting observation about TYPE of machine using atf. Might rethink about using it. What do you think about mixing gear saver+atf? Best of both worlds? Being computer dummy, search doesn't work to good for me. Can't seem to narrow search enoug, lol. "Example", don't need 25 pages of "Ported Stock Reed Cages". Just one pic of before + after.

There will be a few members telling you to do a search... I have been there, done that. Error. No results. Blah Blah Blah

Post up, and learn. Some guys spend lots of time on here, like all day. So they get sick of these questions. They may never answer any of my questions ever again, oh well. They are stuck up and can go pound sand. You have a question, it needs answered. Plain and simple. They don't own the forum. The forum owners never complain about it... always the guys who are on all day, every day. And I can name a few.

I use GearSaver 85 WT. Use only the best. I tried ATF Type F, and saw lots of wear in the clutch plates and tranny. Not with BelRay GearSaver though.

ATF Type F users seeem to be drag racers. I seen them, talked with them, and even on here, looked at their sigs. Look at the guys who post they use ATF type F... MOSTLY, I repeat, mostly... drag racers. They run their bikes for 1, 2, 3, 10, etc. passes. Not much. They change often. Guys who ride, run their bikes hard, run good stuff. 3-5 passes on the track is not 8-10 hours in the dunes. Or... in my case, the coal hills. Don't let your bike come in second place. Use good oil.

I asked many times in the past, and came to that conclusion after 1 hour with that fucking garbage in my tranny/clutch.

Good luck.

Tony

[/quote

Saying that drag racers are the only ones that use ATF isn't a really fair statement. I mostly dune ride with some drag for fun. No competition or anything. Mostly just duning. I use ATF and have never had an issue. If you want to spend a little more coin to feel good about it get something synthetic like "Trick Shift". A little more costly and a good lubricant.

I really doesn't matter as far as lubrication goes. Just about any oil will lub the tranny. What we are after is something that aids the clutch in not slipping. Personally, I have found that ATF works best for that. Maybe that's why you see a lot of drag guys using it due to the higher HP and Tq motors.

SP

Good luck.

Tony

Everyone is entitled to there opinion and i respect yours, but i do belive that automatic transmissions have way more moving parts and way more clutch packs in them than a banshee or any other quad has. Do you realize how much heat and abuse a automatic transmission takes, a torque converter alone makes about the same heat as a engine makes because they work by shearing oil.I have seen automatic transmissions go 100,000 + miles without changing the fluid although you shouldn't do this, so i don't think you shouldn't question the quality of ATF fluid it just comes down to personal preference.

I also use ATF in my dune bikes not just my drag bike.

banshee are 2 stroke... the engine oil is in gas... so u dont have to change it as asked in this thread u just mix your gas with oil and burn it... I personally use motul 800 but there's a lot of oil u can use search button for this one you'll find a lot of post

so the oil that you check by the kick start is the tranny oil or what. i just called the yamaha place, and they gave me yamalube 10 40. what do you guys think.

Yes, that is the tranny oil. 10/W40 is fine, some use 10/W30, 75W gear oil, 80W gear oil, ATF, etc, etc. The crankcase, bearings, and piston rings are lubricated by your 2 stroke mix.

SP

i'm kinda glad someone started this topic, i decided to get royal purple gear oil it was 16 bucks for a bottle....

when i first got on my banshee the clutch plates were locked up from sitting, i rev'd it and put it in gear and they broke loose. i took it out and the clutches have slipped since i rebuilt the motor.. i never rode it before hand. coudl the royal purpel synthetic gear oil cause the clutches to slip?