adjusting 450 shocks on shee

85yota

anyone got a tip or too where to start. i got a cheap set of 450 shocks and had them recharged bolted them on my shee with stock a arm. anywhere i should start no preload less compression no rebound anyone find a sweet spot or good starting point i ride a ton of whoops and hit plenty on jumps on the track as well.thanks

yeah put the compression in the the middle of the clicks as well as the rebound. and as for preload i have mine always up to the top of the adj even with +2+1 arms. all you can do is just ride it and adj as you go. but if i remember right i have my rebound set somewhere around 3 less then the middle and for the compression im around 5-7 clicks in from fully out.

I would say start with preload. Set it rite till the top so u get front low. Or atleast so ur back nd front shock share weight fairly. Also watchout sumtimes when u set the preload till the top, when the bikes in the air the springs are dangle up down nd around and can damage the thread. .ok the secondly set ur rebound and compresion half. Do ur bigest jump and c if it bottoms out? If it does set the compresion abit up. The idea is to get ur softest compresion that will stop u from bottoming out cause 4 whoops the softer compresion the beta. But u gota evan out with ur jumps. Once thats set hav a go at the whoops and set ur rebound so that its not to springy to bounch u around and also not to slow so when u ride ova smaller bumps its quik enough to put the wheels down. 4 the back what i like doing is first the compression jump thing i explaind first. Then 4 rebound i ride around a kindof fast bumpy corner. . .that way u wil notice the springyness of the shock. If the rebound is 2 much its gana bounce up nd feel kak. . .2 little its nt gana grip much. . Itl feel smoother but the grip aint good. Nd ya thats how i do it. Hope it helps

anyone watchin this post lol i got it on the track today im about 8 clicks on compression rode badass almost sent me flying when i had it set to soft on the whoop section. now the rear shock is creeking and squeaking loud as hell cant figure it out