leak down test

i put 6lbs in my engine and it goes to 5lbs in 50 second is there a leak or is it normal... it's my first leak down test lol

i put 6 in mine and it went down in 1 sec. lol base gasket leaking. that doesnt sound baddidu soap everything. i use 409 it works very well for bubbles

i put 6 in mine and it went down in 1 sec. lol base gasket leaking. that doesnt sound baddidu soap everything. i use 409 it works very well for bubbles

cool i can suppose that my base gasket is good then... lol

i seen bubbles at a reed gasket and at the pipe in the intake that i use for my tester

cool i can suppose that my base gasket is good then... lol

i seen bubbles at a reed gasket and at the pipe in the intake that i use for my tester

Don't use silicon. It is not impervious to petroleum and will leak again in a short amount of time. You need to use something like Yamabond 4 or something equivalent.

SP

hmmm asked jeff at fast to send me sealant for crank case gasket and he sent me this one he said he use that... if its not good for petroleum my crank case will leak a lot

Well, if Jeff sent it too you then my guess would be that it will work. If it is good for your cases, then it is good for the intake. Last time I was at Jeff's I didn't look to see what he was selling for case sealant but I would trust what he told me to use.

SP

okok can i do anything else than use three bond ? I cant see why one side's gasket leak and the other is perfect with the same gasket... if I buy an other new gasket do u think it will leak again?

It could be a flaw in the reed valve cage, too much torque on one of the bolts causing it to bow, or a flaw in the gasket. I would just use some sealant and call her good.

SP