Questions about stroker domes

So I'm going with a 4 mill crank and some FAST racing drag ported 4 mill cylinders that I got from a guy off the site. He has domes that were in it, he says he was running alky I'm gonna be running race gas straight. Will this matter? I talked to Brandon at Wildcard and told him I need some 4 mill domes and he asked what kinda fuel and bore? So I'm guessing they are bore specific and fuel specific? So this guys alky domes won't work for race gas if I get him to send these with the cylinders and pistons ????

Why would you ask someone else about the correct setup for another builders work.

Who do you think has better knowledge on the subject? The guy who did the original work or someone else. I am not knocking wild card. If it was his cylinders in question then I would tell you to talk to him.

the reason why Brandon was asking you for the bore and fuel type for your new domes because the size of the domes is going to depend on this. As far as if your current domes are going to matter... it depends on your compression.

Alky domes will have a different squish angle and band width than gas type domes. jbooker is right, Jeff would be the best to ask about domes to match his portwork. Compression ratio of the engine will determine what octane of fuel you will have to run and I asked about the bore size because I wouldn't want you to end up with standard 66mm domes if you had a set of big bore sleeves ect. Find out if the domes that guy has are alky domes or not, I've seen a lot of people running gas domes with alcohol...You can run alky on gas domes but not generally the other way around.

Why would you ask someone else about the correct setup for another builders work.

Who do you think has better knowledge on the subject? The guy who did the original work or someone else. I am not knocking wild card. If it was his cylinders in question then I would tell you to talk to him.

Booker first off I wasnt asking brandon anything about a setup for another guys work, READ my post, i told Brandon I needed stroker domes, I though any 4 mill stroker dome would work on any 4 mill, I didnt know they were so specific or I WOULDNT have asked Brandon. I thought a 18cc stroker dome for a 4 mill would work on my build. What im saying is when you buy domes for a stock stroke they dont ask if it was drag ported or what, you just get the size you want for the compression desired and thats it. As stated im getting some 4 mill drag ported FAST jugs..... Im running race gas 115 octane and currently running 18cc domes. will be running straight race fuel when I do my 4 mill swap. The guy told me cylinders are at a 65mm bore and he ran alky and they hav 12 hours on them and the crank. Jeff did cylinders, Thats all i know. He's running 20cc stroker domes on alky i was wanting some for race gas equiv to 18cc reg domes at sea level. UNDERSTAND? i didnt ask him about another guys work.......just domes

I am just saying that there is more to domes than the size. Squish, squish band length, squish band angel. I would consider the domes as part of the setup. Different guys porting could favor different specs.

Ok, wll i was unaware of custom domes for strokers being more intricate than just ordering a set for some stockers, ill ask Jeff when h comes off vacation......when will he b avail???

Dude, its this simple. Youre really overcomplicating, and others arent helping

1) GET A NEW SET OF DOMES FOR YOUR BUILD

2) IF JEFF IS OUT OF TOWN GET THE FROM BRANDON. HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING AND CAN HELP YOU OUT WITH NO PROBLEMS.

There is a lot that goes into domes amd if you were drag racing for money it might be worth it to have a CUSTOM set of domes cut.

Most of the domes youre gonna end up with are gonna be cut by dave noss anyway. Some builders might spec custom domes for every build, b but I highly doubt it

I know Kevin Herr doesnt, the ones in my duner are "off the shelf 4mil GAS domes"

If you plan to run race gas, tell Brandon that and he will take care of you.

BTW you're gonna hate that drag porting if this is a play bike. If you do NOTHING but drag race, then you'll love the cylinders

A pair of off the shelf domes will work if all your concerned with is it running. I just figured that since it was a drag port then you would be concerend with hundredth's of seconds.

As gregrob said it wont be a lot of fun riding if your not 100% dragging. I had a patriot drag ported 4mill. It was a dog from idle to 7000 rpm then it pulled your arms of till 9200 rpm. I was hp greedy. The most hp isnt always the best hp.

Dude, its this simple. Youre really overcomplicating, and others arent helping

1) GET A NEW SET OF DOMES FOR YOUR BUILD

2) IF JEFF IS OUT OF TOWN GET THE FROM BRANDON. HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING AND CAN HELP YOU OUT WITH NO PROBLEMS.

There is a lot that goes into domes amd if you were drag racing for money it might be worth it to have a CUSTOM set of domes cut.

Most of the domes youre gonna end up with are gonna be cut by dave noss anyway. Some builders might spec custom domes for every build, b but I highly doubt it

I know Kevin Herr doesnt, the ones in my duner are "off the shelf 4mil GAS domes"

If you plan to run race gas, tell Brandon that and he will take care of you.

BTW you're gonna hate that drag porting if this is a play bike. If you do NOTHING but drag race, then you'll love the cylinders

I thought it was simple. Ive been talking to Brandon since ive been a member here, not like i ran to him not knowing him asking about portwork or setup info on Jeff's cylinders, If I did, its my buisness and for noone else to point out. I told him i run 115 octane race gas now, and the bore was 65mm per the guy I bought them from.....Ill give brandon a call monday I didnt mean to take Booker's info the wrong way or whatever just was asking about domes, and squish band, angle etc confused me and Ill just leave that to the people that cut them. I need some off the shelf gas domes for a 4mill.....simple

A pair of off the shelf domes will work if all your concerned with is it running. I just figured that since it was a drag port then you would be concerend with hundredth's of seconds.

As gregrob said it wont be a lot of fun riding if your not 100% dragging. I had a patriot drag ported 4mill. It was a dog from idle to 7000 rpm then it pulled your arms of till 9200 rpm. I was hp greedy. The most hp isnt always the best hp.

Thats all I do now is drag on weekends, i do ocassionally take of the struts and ride it in open fields, field roads etc, Im drag ported now and all long as its pinned, it runs hard, Im very rarely putting around, ever, I just like to go fast and i love the top end hit of a drag port..... we have no dunes here and we mainly dirt drag, the other 20% of the time its pinned wide open neways hahah .....The track i run at doesnt even get into the hundreth's unless we are running e.t., Im not really concerned with hundreths, Just wanna have it together asap so I cana kick some 250r a$$es, we have to spot them in the spotting class because of our motor size, I cant wait to suck em in after the 4 mill........ lmao

I run a set of 4mil drag ported cylinders from jeff,my set-up is 20cc domes that gives me170psi on both sides,as far as I know noss cuts jeffs domes .Wait till you see them move,my bike makes sick power,Is the rest of your motor ready for it ? When I had inframes and full suspension I would love beating up on cubs and leave big dollar bikes packing up.I used to tral ride the drag port it wasnt bad

Do your domes have numbers engraved on them? If so, and if I made them, I can tell you if they were special alky domes or not.

-David

Do your domes have numbers engraved on them? If so, and if I made them, I can tell you if they were special alky domes or not.

-David

David,

I didnt get the domes from the guy bcause he said they were made for alky.....all I bought from him were the Drag ported 4 mill cylinders from FAST, and a 4 mill longrod crank..... Im in need of some domes to run 115 octane and get me in the neighborhood of 170 psi....

edit: I could however ask kubitza and get him to tell me the numbers and ill get back to you....

Thanks

Brad

Edited by Ieat4strokes

Thats all I do now is drag on weekends, i do ocassionally take of the struts and ride it in open fields, field roads etc, Im drag ported now and all long as its pinned, it runs hard, Im very rarely putting around, ever, I just like to go fast and i love the top end hit of a drag port..... we have no dunes here and we mainly dirt drag, the other 20% of the time its pinned wide open neways hahah .....The track i run at doesnt even get into the hundreth's unless we are running e.t., Im not really concerned with hundreths, Just wanna have it together asap so I cana kick some 250r a$$es, we have to spot them in the spotting class because of our motor size, I cant wait to suck em in after the 4 mill........ lmao

If your turning your bike into a strictly drag bike you will need to get rid of the T5s. They are a good all around pipe but will hold a 4 mil back.

If your turning your bike into a strictly drag bike you will need to get rid of the T5s. They are a good all around pipe but will hold a 4 mil back.

Yea, the wifey is already pissed lol. Her 250 dollar fathers day present (the crank) has turned into about a grand for the cylinders pistons domes lockout cover and lockout. I'm trying to sell my t5s in the for sale section along with some drag ported cylinders to get me some OOF cpi's. Thanks for the info!!!