Chariot ULTRA flow banshee coolant impeller

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard of actually moving the coolant too fast. it wont pick up the heat and have enough dwell time in rad to disperse it. Not saying that this is what you r doing just asking if this is or can be an issue in a banshee?

I think its a gret product none the less and the cover is nice as well I will def be picking one up . Actually been waiting for it since I seen post about one coming soon.

Do you guys plan on making a head?

One that diverts water down into the cylinders would be awsome. I saw a add on for a pro design one but have heard very little about it

Our head does divert water into the water jackets and around the exhaust. Pro design does not so you would need to purchase the new cover for the pro design head which some places make.

What does the back of the water pump cover look like? What makes the waterpump work is the housing that it sits in. So if your water pump cover doent match the aluminum clutch cover then it wouldn't really be worth it. All it will do is spin the coolant in the clutch cover instead of forcing it up into the head.

The impeller is 50% deeper which is 1/4". The cover is 1/4" deeper and is the exact shape as the case it covers (the 1/4" recess).

If I were not making my own, I would probably buy one just to be diffferent, if nothing else...... It's definitely $100 cool.

I am curious as to what the numbers are behind the increased flow, and how much of a cooling difference it makes. :geek:

There is no way to give exact numbers for improvement. Like with eveything elso on a banshee there are many variables which come into play. It definitely works and works very well but will work to different extents on each bike.

wow that things big. does it even fit in the water pump housing?

You need 3/4" recess in your outer cover for it to fit perfectly. Most aftermarket water pump covers are at least that deep. If you use your stock cover then you will have about 1/8" gap when you bolt your outer cover on. Not really a problem because there is nothing to seal in there.

chariot, you should realy provide more pictures of your product and how it installs, us HQer's like to see how and if it works before deciding they want to buy it.

I am not sure how I can provide any more informative pictures. It installs just like a regular impeller. The only difference is you put the cover on which we provide. I will incorporate answers to these questions in the listing. You guys are always helpful with regard to what we miss both on design and information.

Thanks

There is no way to give exact numbers for improvement. Like with eveything elso on a banshee there are many variables which come into play. It definitely works and works very well but will work to different extents on each bike.

I was thinking somewhere along the lines as a tested example for advertisement purposes......

Example: Take a stock bike, with a stock pump, and measure head and rad. out temps. Then you ran repeat the process with a PD pump and your pump.