Intake Manifold Design

I'm thinking about switching from the prodesign intakes I have now to the white knuckle design w built in crossover. One less place to have an air leak.

Is there any advantage or disadvantage to this design though? Both the built in crossover and the segmented openings in the manifold?

l_114-1484_IMG.JPG

I assume it's like that to help smooth out the airflow, but does it actually work or just cause a restriction?

TIA

Greg

The white knuckle design is probably the best out there that includes the built-in crossover. If you run in an area that has alot of environmental variations (heat, humidity, altitude, bp, etc.) then you probably are better off with the cross over.

If you run at a race track and/or are ok with some tempermental idle behavior at times then the non-connected manifolds are better.

The geometric wizardry inside the manifold intake tract is crap.... If it does not match up with the reed cages you are running, then it hurts performance. :geek:

Another option would be a boss racing intake. It has a big squar opeaning in the back instead of the round. Matche the vforce 3 reeds up with a set of cascades reed stuffers / retainers. I am on my black berry so I can't post pics. I have posted some pics before if you want to do a search.

The white knuckle design is probably the best out there that includes the built-in crossover. If you run in an area that has alot of environmental variations (heat, humidity, altitude, bp, etc.) then you probably are better off with the cross over.

If you run at a race track and/or are ok with some tempermental idle behavior at times then the non-connected manifolds are better.

The geometric wizardry inside the manifold intake tract is crap.... If it does not match up with the reed cages you are running, then it hurts performance. :geek:

Thanks,

So a good option would be one with an internal crossover but without the fancy stuff in the intake tract. So just port that out smooth?

and ideal would be internal crossover plus intake that matches your reeds?

Another option would be a boss racing intake. It has a big squar opeaning in the back instead of the round. Matche the vforce 3 reeds up with a set of cascades reed stuffers / retainers. I am on my black berry so I can't post pics. I have posted some pics before if you want to do a search.

I'd be interested to see some pics when you can post them again.

Do the cascade stuffers act as a spacer? I think I'll need a spacer when I get my carbs back from Kim with the billet bowls on them.

Do the cascade stuffers act as a spacer? I think I'll need a spacer when I get my carbs back from Kim with the billet bowls on them.

No, the Cascade stuffer replace the plastic part with the round hole in it, in the back of the VF3 reed cage.

I don't know where they gey the Indy car technology thing from............. Trinity machines a swirl pattern into the ID of the manifold (if I remember corrrectly). It doesn't do anything and there certainly are not Inday cars running around with anything like that. However, it probably doesn't hurt anything other than your wallet.

It's not really a swirl, it's more like a recessed groove that goes in a straight line.