case and cylinder mods for 4 mil

Ok last dumb question about the 4 mil crank the kit i am looking at is $795 for everything wiesco 4 mil crank fresh bore with new pistons and all gaskets. My question is do i have to do any cylinder mods or case mods? Is that a good deal? But before i send them I am going to get them ported and cant decide between kevin (herr) or jeff (fast) going to sleep on that one.

If you're going to have one of them port the cylinders you should just buy everything from them and they can tell you what you need.

You will gain hp and efficiency by port matching the engine cases, but it isn't necessary. You can do it yourself or have them do it.

You have to have the cylinders "modded" obviously (porting).

and you'll also need a cool head so you can get offset 4mil domes for it, or have your stock head rechambered.

Kevin has a stock cyl 4mil package listed here: http://herrjugsracing.com/Porting_Motor_packages.html

That's what I would go with. You'll end up spending that much or more trying to piece it together from different sources.

I couldn't be happier with my HJR porting, he does a badass aggressive dune port.

My drag ported FAST bike runs awesome too, but they're different kinds of porting.

If you're going to have one of them port the cylinders you should just buy everything from them and they can tell you what you need.

You will gain hp and efficiency by port matching the engine cases, but it isn't necessary. You can do it yourself or have them do it.

You have to have the cylinders "modded" obviously (porting).

and you'll also need a cool head so you can get offset 4mil domes for it, or have your stock head rechambered.

Kevin has a stock cyl 4mil package listed here: http://herrjugsracing.com/Porting_Motor_packages.html

That's what I would go with. You'll end up spending that much or more trying to piece it together from different sources.

I couldn't be happier with my HJR porting, he does a badass aggressive dune port.

My drag ported FAST bike runs awesome too, but they're different kinds of porting.

Thanks really dont need to spend that much but will probably just go with his bore and port job for now do the crank and head this winter.

First thing to do is get your budget lined out, then figure out how far you can go.

Building a 4mil right isn't cheap. I spent a little over 1500 for my 4mil setup and I put the motor together and port matched the cases myself.

That doesn't count carbs, pipes, reeds, etc etc

this is very true its not cheap at all I started out with just rebuilding my stock 350 and going down the list of things to do just decided to do the 4mill and do small things now as of the point of rebuild I have over 6K into the quad not considering the price I bought it for its addictive I wanted some thing small and fast but the way its going now I am looking at a full drag shee on methanol be careful

Thanks really dont need to spend that much but will probably just go with his bore and port job for now do the crank and head this winter.

Then your throwing money away by doing the stock build now. A 4mill port job is different from a stock stroke build. So you will be paying for 2 portjobs. If you have your cylinders ported for the stock crank your cylinders won't be able to be reported for the 4mill.

If your running a stock rod lenght crank you will also have to get a new set of pistons.

If your serous about building a 4mill I would wait on the top end and port job.

Josh