when to change jets

whats mods require jet changes. i was running 260's with fmf gnarlys k n filter with box. i just purchased a timing plate new pistons .020 and shaving my head and getting a trail port. do any of those new mods require a bigger jet?

umm are you running the lid or with out the lid? and porting will change the jetting...As will temp and elevation. so I always try to keep an eye on how my bike is running and always check the plugs...But im the guy that can feel how the bike is running just by riding it. and sense i live here in Phx i always jet for the morning part of the day because from 6am it will be 75 and by noon it will be 105. I just dont push my bike at all when it starts getting hot...

I'm at 2000 feet. Temps about 75. Vforce 3 reeds,fmf gnarlys, trail port, air box with lid but I'm gonna cut most of it top out, I have stock carbs with 27.5 pilots. What mains should I go with? I was running 260 before the port and cutting the lid.

im not sure where my needles but what notch do u figure they should be on and what about the air screw? i know these questions have been asked a millon times but i checked the thread with all the setups and found some close but none at my altitude.

1 1/2 turns from fully in and I start with my needle in the middle....But for jetting you start with the mains and work down to pilot jet. so get the main right. then the needle, then the pilot. which you have the 27.5 already so you can just mess with the pilot air screw to get the bottom end RPM's tuned in...