need help

i had my banshee stoped 2 years and now i want to rebuild it.

i only have 1 doubt.

the litle tubes of the water circuit.

where are they conect?

if someone have pictures of that help. or if someone could explain to me.

thanks.

im portugues and my english is not so good

You have 1 small overflow tube that goes from the top of your radiator cap to the bottom of your over flow tank. 1 Tube coming from the top of your over flow tank and goes into the atmosphere towards the front of your bike.

You have the smaller tube on the top right of your radiator going to the small nipple on the top of your head.

The largest hose with the spring on it goes to the bottom by your water pump inlet on the clutch cover. The other hose goes to the front of your head.

FYI, you also have two tranny vent tubs some people think they are for the radiator. One on top of the case in the back under the rear shock mount (sticks on an L adapter), and one inside of the water pump cover connected to a little vent stem below your pump housing. Both of these T up and then lead to the atmosphere toward the front along with the other tube coming from you

You can cut out the tank all together. It is one way flow so it is useless. Once it comes out, it does not go back in. Just sits in the bottle. I would cut the rad cap hose to it point to the ground right in the front. That way you will see if your over heating if fluid is coming out on the ground.

You can take the vent tube in the back of the motor and turn it towards the ground with a zip tie on the side of the frame. You can do the same with the small front tube coming out of the water pump as well. Just cut it and turn it toward the ground. Keep the vent tubes. Just shorten and hide it. Turn it towards the ground to keep debris from getting inside.

I kept my tank b/c I like being able to see if it overheats. I know if fluid in in the tank, it is running to hot. But I also knw tons of people that take it all out and looks real clean.

People say it is a one way flow but I dont see how it can be.

You have fluid in the tank. When the engine heats up the coolant expands. When it cools down it contracts. As long as there is coolant in the tank it is going to pull coolant back in to the radiator.

Yea it isnt going to suck it dry if you have a coolant leak but it keeps the radiator topped off inbetween heating and cooling cycles. The same thing every coolant res has done on cars and trucks up until recently. If it was just a catch can then the hose would be on the top of the tank by the vent.

Now they are all moving twards pressurized coolant tanks that are tied in directly in to the radiator and engine.

is this the correct way?

what cam i eliminate?

correcto.png

RH and LH as your sitting on the seat.

No that is not right. The bottom of the radiator goes to the front of the clutch cover. (Big hose with spring)

The front of the cylinder head goe to the top of the radiator (big hose)

The nipple on the RH side of the radiator goes to the back nipple on the top back of the cylinder head.

The nipple by the radiator cap (Left hand Side) goes to the bottom of the coolant jug.

The top of the coolant jug is just a vent for the jug. The hose runs up to the front under the fuel tank through the square loop on the frame and dangles

The small vent from the back of the engine comes togeher with a t and a line from under the waterpump cover. From the T it runs up through that square loop and dangles there as well.

You dont want the crankcase vent and the water bottle vent hooked together. You risk getting oil in the coolant system or coolant in the oil.

RH and LH as your sitting on the seat.

No that is not right. The bottom of the radiator goes to the front of the clutch cover. (Big hose with spring)

The front of the cylinder head goe to the top of the radiator (big hose)

The nipple on the RH side of the radiator goes to the back nipple on the top back of the cylinder head.

The nipple by the radiator cap (Left hand Side) goes to the bottom of the coolant jug.

The top of the coolant jug is just a vent for the jug. The hose runs up to the front under the fuel tank through the square loop on the frame and dangles

The small vent from the back of the engine comes togeher with a t and a line from under the waterpump cover. From the T it runs up through that square loop and dangles there as well.

You dont want the crankcase vent and the water bottle vent hooked together. You risk getting oil in the coolant system or coolant in the oil.

you right about that tube.

i forgot that

i think now i understant.

but if a eliminate the tank you say to put in this way, correct?

correctissimo.png

you got it right in the pic just run a vent down the rad by the radiator cap down the frame. I wouldn't get rid of the rear crank case vent and vent under the waterpump cover. If you do when you stand your banshee on the rear grab bar oil will run out.