What port job to get

I am not sure what type of porting Iam goin to go with yet

I know I do not want adrag port or too close too it.

And who wants a clean up port. I am trynig to decide betweem an mx and a mild dune .

I do mostly trail riding , but i want too smoke ne thing thats not really built for a straight line.

So if I go with a mild dune and a 4mill on a stock bore will that give me more low and mid then stock.

If so then thats good cause right now with stock carbs and pro circuits I am not extremly displeased

with the low and mid

So what do you guys think

Dont go with anything DUNE, Your riding trails and thats how your motor should be setup. You want good low and mid with a decent topend that doesnt react like a lightswitch that keeps pulling and pulling. Talk to a builder of your choice and let him know what you want. I highly recomend Jim at Passion Racing for a LOW/MID 4mil trail monster.

Hey Dude whats happening? I am getting ready to do the same thing and I'm going to send mine off to Jeff at FAST for an aggressive woods port seems like he's got a good rep from what I read on here and he's about the closest one to us. He's in Kansas so it might save a little shipping time and money. Most of the other guys seem to be in Cali or some place like that. Trying to get a riding trip together at Green Ridge in a couple of weeks let me know if your interested.

The 4mil crank will add a noticeable amount of low to mid power so you can get away with going a little more aggressive on the porting. A very mild dune ported 4mil would be fine for faster less technical trails, but I recommend a trail type port if the trails are tighter. Either way your bike will be much faster accellerating than it is now and you should be able to handle many bikes in a drag.

I got a 4mm woods port done at F.A.S.T. and before it even got ported Jeff asked me where I want the power to be at in the RPM range.

Well after getting it together its exactly what I wanted, it rides trails like nobodys buissness and smokes the 4 pokes. :cool: