How should i set it up for trail riding?

lmaloch

If you are riding in tight trails, I would not go with +3 +1 a arms. When you get that wide it gets kinda hard to fit in those tight places...To each there own tho...That is just my 2 cents

x2..I would with +2+1..

Thank's for all the help. Are the elkas really worth the money? If i went with them front and rear which ones would be recommended?

Some will say yes some will say no...Depends reall on how much you wanna spend..They have a rec shock for $480 shipped on ebay I believe..I paid $250 shipped for a set of slightly used WORKS dual rates..I'm very happy with them for what I do..Definitly an improvement over stock, whichever one you choose! :biggrin:

Some will say yes some will say no...Depends reall on how much you wanna spend..They have a rec shock for $480 shipped on ebay I believe..I paid $250 shipped for a set of slightly used WORKS dual rates..I'm very happy with them for what I do..Definitly an improvement over stock, whichever one you choose! :biggrin:

Well i would always like to spend less but i only want to buy suspension parts once. I would rather dump money into it handling the bumps better than speed for now. Speed can always come later. :biggrin:

Works makes a great shock for the price.

I got them all the way around and I can rip through some nasty whoops and roots without getting jarred up.

Keep a look out for some used fronts just make sure they are setup for the length of the a-arm that you choose and your weight.

im going to have to say F Works Shocks... I had some Pro Series 2-way adjustable damping piggyback shocks with Triple-Rate Spring. broke two springs and they wound not warranty work on them for not even being 6months old. Had a buddy get some and they valved them wrong. went to send them back and charged him for the work and wouldnt refund his money for the shocks not even being a month old. I went with YFZ450 shocks and love them alot better then the works. they have rebound and compression. Works only had compression. Had them rebuild for a dunes season and didnt even last three months of dune riding. Switched to the yfzs and are going on two years. Oh and if you want to rebuild the works. You have to buy the kit from them. unlike elka and other brands you can go to ace to get the seals for a rebuild... So sense then everyone I know has moved to Elka and are very happy... I have a set of dunes elkas on my 660 and have lasted for over three years with no rebuild. So all in all giving the Works Shocks a score out of (10) I would give them a (3) over stock shocks being (1)..

im going to have to say F Works Shocks... I had some Pro Series 2-way adjustable damping piggyback shocks with Triple-Rate Spring. broke two springs and they wound not warranty work on them for not even being 6months old. Had a buddy get some and they valved them wrong. went to send them back and charged him for the work and wouldnt refund his money for the shocks not even being a month old. I went with YFZ450 shocks and love them alot better then the works. they have rebound and compression. Works only had compression. Had them rebuild for a dunes season and didnt even last three months of dune riding. Switched to the yfzs and are going on two years. Oh and if you want to rebuild the works. You have to buy the kit from them. unlike elka and other brands you can go to ace to get the seals for a rebuild... So sense then everyone I know has moved to Elka and are very happy... I have a set of dunes elkas on my 660 and have lasted for over three years with no rebuild. So all in all giving the Works Shocks a score out of (10) I would give them a (3) over stock shocks being (1)..

OUCH...No love...j/k

How did you break two springs?

Keep in mind this guy wants to set his up for trail riding/recreational riding.

Now if your gonna hit some 40 foot doubles then go with some Elkas!lol

How did you break two springs?

Keep in mind this guy wants to set his up for trail riding/recreational riding.

Now if your gonna hit some 40 foot doubles then go with some Elkas!lol

LOL! I feel like the king of the world when i'm a couple feet off the ground. :D No big jumps for me. BUT i do want as nice of a ride as possible.

Riding the Dunes.... not really jumping but will come off of a lip with about a 5ft drop now and then and jump it but mostly dune riding and the whoops. its the smaller springs that I kept breaking...and Yup no love for Works when they want to screw you over like that...But for the trail riding and what not I would go with the triple elkas with no rez or adj. I put a pair on my dads bike like that I found off ebay for a great price. before dune season im going to revalve them and put remote rez's on them for him. but have not had any probs with the elkas heating up...Had a prob with the works heating up and fading out even with rezies on them.