jetting question

try moving you're needle and turn the airscrews in 1/2 turn. sounds like you are still lean somewhere

how's wot?

you go richer as it gets colder

the needles at second clip from point airscrews at 1 1/2 out. WOT great no bog or hesitation. can only go one more on clip. I'll try the airscrews in a 1/4 turn see how it starts. it's only when it's cold after I warm it up one kick fires right up. I put tors removal kit in over weekend possible air leak were idle screws were put in. wat would you use to seal? thanks again

Edited by mrbigsacks

ok, it sounds like your choke is not working right. double check your slides. when they are in right, yolu will see the dots through the windows @ wot. the cable retainers are slotted on the bottom one side to allow air through the hole in the slide. check the choke jet. it's @ the bottom of one of the bowls through the hole that slips around the tube coming out of the chokeside carb, and looks like the pilot jet. if it runs good without a bog once it's @ operating temp, then that is normal. if it's all the time, and it keeps wanting to go richer, then your main or pilots may be off. try larger mains. if you pin it and it bogs, but picks up in a second or 2 while holding it, then it's a lean hesitation on the mains. i was actually jetting my procircuts last night, goin through the same thing, but it got too late to make noise. i guess pro-circuts are thirsty pipes. 300 and still lean, where 290 was just @ rich limit on my fmf's 15 degrees colder. if you get it running a little better, go do a proper plug chop to check the mains.

the idle screws really wouldn't leak as they are before the sealing rear of the slide, and the locknuts would keep it sealed anyway. did you cut the nipple and file it flat? 1/8-1/4"

ok, it sounds like your choke is not working right. double check your slides. when they are in right, yolu will see the dots through the windows @ wot. the cable retainers are slotted on the bottom one side to allow air through the hole in the slide. check the choke jet. it's @ the bottom of one of the bowls through the hole that slips around the tube coming out of the chokeside carb, and looks like the pilot jet. if it runs good without a bog once it's @ operating temp, then that is normal. if it's all the time, and it keeps wanting to go richer, then your main or pilots may be off. try larger mains. if you pin it and it bogs, but picks up in a second or 2 while holding it, then it's a lean hesitation on the mains. i was actually jetting my procircuts last night, goin through the same thing, but it got too late to make noise. i guess pro-circuts are thirsty pipes. 300 and still lean, where 290 was just @ rich limit on my fmf's 15 degrees colder. if you get it running a little better, go do a proper plug chop to check the mains.

the idle screws really wouldn't leak as they are before the sealing rear of the slide, and the locknuts would keep it sealed anyway. did you cut the nipple and file it flat? 1/8-1/4"

alright i'll check the choke jet in the bowl. slides are in right as far as the main i'm gonna go up to 280's see how it runs WOT is pretty good no bog or hesitation. I replaced the plunger recently so I know its not that. the nipple is flat from what I can see. other than the hard start run good. will do plug chop but its hard to find somewhere to hit 6th wide open without worring about a car or cops. thanks again man I really aprpeciate all your help somewhat new to shees.

alright went up tp 280's on the mains now it bogs going back to 270's it ran good WOT. changed pilots to 27.5's and moved needle clip to stock position runs like shit hesitates like crazy. screws out 2 turns. it start easier idles good. throttle response of idle is good. but 1/2 to WOT runs like shit.now a hesitation means lean right bog means rich? haven't done plug chop yet will do friday. now as far as the needle clip it's at stock position. It ran better when it was set all the way to the top, lean. but I don't wan't to leave it there and blow the motor. trial and error I guess.