connecting rod stretching?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I 2nd and 3rd that ^^^. Somethin's wack. Go take the head off your really fast bike and see what it does.

the head is off thats how they get stuck on the brim of the cylinder think about it if the head were on it it would be hitting it

ok do if you need pistons with a higher wrist pin hole you have a 5MM long rod if you piston is 5 MM above the head. if its standard pistons and it goes up 2 mm you have a stroker rod, if its standard pistons and goes up 7mm its a long rod 4 mill stroker, if you have the correct long rod 759 pistons and its up 2 mm its a 4mill long rod (needs spacer), if its 795 pistons even with a long rod stroker you its houldn sitck up any more then 2 mm. I suggest you find a local builder if you cant figure this out.

If the pistons are sticking up far enough for a ring to pop out, my guess is your bike has a long rod crank in it and you just purchased standard banshee pistons. This would put the piston 5mm out the top of the cylinder. If in fact the bike has a long rod crank you will need 795 series pistons. If you really want us to help diagnose the problem we need more info. You said you bought wiseco pistons. Post up the part numbers off the box or top of piston. Also what markings are there on the rods. If you tell us this we can get you closer to figuring it out.

i'd be willing to bet that you have a long rod crank...

i had this happen to me once, bought what was supposed to be a standard stroke 110 rod crank from cascade. installed the jugs and rolled the crank only to find the pistons came out of the deck just enough for the upper ring to expand and lock the piston up above the deck, turned out to be a long rod crank and the fix was a set of blaster/795 pistons....

i think blowit nailed the problem and inferno is spot on with the specs to figure it out....

you sure you didnt just meet a guy with the fastest bike on nos somewhere? i'd figure that for a guy who built the fastest anything troubleshooting this problem would be a cake walk....

i'd be willing to bet that you have a long rod crank...

i had this happen to me once, bought what was supposed to be a standard stroke 110 rod crank from cascade. installed the jugs and rolled the crank only to find the pistons came out of the deck just enough for the upper ring to expand and lock the piston up above the deck, turned out to be a long rod crank and the fix was a set of blaster/795 pistons....

i think blowit nailed the problem and inferno is spot on with the specs to figure it out....

you sure you didnt just meet a guy with the fastest bike on nos somewhere? i'd figure that for a guy who built the fastest anything troubleshooting this problem would be a cake walk....

I am most certain he has a LR crank. Maybe I should spell that out ( "long rod crank"). LR crank with 513 pistons = 5mm above deck. Because he does not know what he has, we can only guess on this one but I am a bit worried this one might end up "making change" or end up at a local shop to get fixed.

You will need 795 pistons to fix your problem. I am 99% sure you do not have a stroker motor.

B

I am most certain he has a LR crank. Maybe I should spell that out ( "long rod crank"). LR crank with 513 pistons = 5mm above deck. Because he does not know what he has, we can only guess on this one but I am a bit worried this one might end up "making change" or end up at a local shop to get fixed.

You will need 795 pistons to fix your problem. I am 99% sure you do not have a stroker motor.

B

x2, already stated that the pin holes are different on the new pistons from the old pistons. forget any spacer plates or changes in spacing. just get the LR pistons and put it back together the way it was setup before. remember to check the squish when you're done

x2, already stated that the pin holes are different on the new pistons from the old pistons. forget any spacer plates or changes in spacing. just get the LR pistons and put it back together the way it was setup before. remember to check the squish when you're done

what is squish? :biggrin:

big problem i think. i was replacing my top end putting it all back together when i noticed that my left cylinder my piston was at the top and wouldnt go back down the piston came just high enough for the top ring to pop out just enough to not let the piston go back down. so i thought to my self whats the problem is my crank bad. but my right cylinder is perfect so i thought maybe my connecting rod is worn out and stretched any ideas??

this kid needs 795 series pistons for the long rod correct me if i am wrong. nice race last weekend heaton them mexicans were way pissed when you peppered there ride way to go

bahaha now he created a new name and is trying to make himself look badass! lmfao

its got to be him. look at heatons last two post and then this new guy here. no punctuation or grammer for fuck! lol

Edited by grizzly700