gas cap mod?

i read on another forum that there are some drag racers(1/8, 1/4 mile and 500ft guys) that are modding there gas cap so that the fuel will gravity feed faster. ?? have you guys heard of this?? basiclly this is what im looking at, is to to help with fuel flow so that i dont have to run a pump. ive already ordered larger bowls and so i was wondering what is done when modding that cap, drill straight though to the vent hose?? it does make sense to let the tank drain faster without air bubbles. thanks

My boy did it to mine, Dont kno how much it really helps, but if you riding trails and shit, dont fill the gas all the way to the top bc its going to spill out. :banghead: :banghead:

I drilled my billet cap as well"cheap insurance". :thumbsup:

to prevent spillage you could get one of those short hoses that have the little billet release valve for air(see them on pitbikes aloste) not sure if the billet piece would restrict airflow.

If someone gets larger bowls/bigger carbs/mod cap for flow, ect.... Wouldnt someone need to change ther fuel tank valve? I ask because i have been looking for a nice aftermarket one, the two port pingul or whatever it is called looks really nice but its like 90$$$. I really want a chrome one. lol. also would one have to make the fuel line larger? Do in line fuel filters and the filters that are on the stock valve in the tank restrict gas flow?

to prevent spillage you could get one of those short hoses that have the little billet release valve for air(see them on pitbikes aloste) not sure if the billet piece would restrict airflow.

I wouldnt run one of those. The unmodded stock cap vents better than those. I have herd of them getting gumed up from the oil in the fuel and sticking closed, causing motors to melt down.

I just run a drilled cap with a long pice of tygon fuel tube that runs clear down to the bottom frame rail.

• 7 years later...

Do you drill the hole on top strait through or stop when you hit the shoulder down there?

I already took out the 3 screws, two ball bearings and the plate that holds it in.

I just got a brand new oem cap. I forgot how to do this. I'm getting rid of my aluminum cap.