Pipes

I have a 87 stock shee now and wondering what pipes to buy to get the most out of it. I want a silencer with spark arrestor, the DNR are hard on us in michigan and even harder now. I want to get reeds for it, wondering if i should get reed spacers to? But i want the best pipes i can get and legal silencers. Where is a good place to order the pipes you all recommend? My buddies all ran paul turner hi-rev pipes on theirs, but i see alot more people running other kinds. Thanks in advance, nothing sounds as good as a Banshee with nice pipes and exhaust! :biggrin:

you have a couple different options. I would probably go with fmf fatties or sst's with turbine core 2's. If you need it quiet fmf makes a quiet turbine core 2 silencer.

I am not for sure if pro circuit makes a spark arrested silencer or not. If they do then they would also be a good choice.

You can get clamp on sparkies for about any pipe. They are not worth the headache unless your going to be running a drag pipe. Cleaning out screens sucks. Fmf uses a different style of spark arrestor. It is a much better design and doesn't require cleaning near as much as the clamp on sparkies.

I have pro circuit pipes and vforce 3 reeds. runs good.

you can get arresting silencers for the circuits they are the 296 silencers. the nons are the 304 which is what I run. I am getting the 296 because they are cracking down more around here. before too long, i wont be able to get away with non arresting pipes.

you can get arresting silencers for the circuits they are the 296 silencers. the nons are the 304 which is what I run. I am getting the 296 because they are cracking down more around here. before too long, i wont be able to get away with non arresting pipes.

how much you want for the 304's?

Thanks for all the replies and advice. I like to do alot of drag racing anytime i can up big sand hills or on flat ground but most of time trail ride, but i want to have the power when a drag race comes my way. I had alot i could of done this past weekend, but i think i blew my clutch, i could shift gears fine just cruising but once wide open it didnt like to shift, it was inconsistant. i was embarresed, people saw a banshee and were calling me out but i couldnt even give or take a butt whoopin. Plus i am getting used to riding with my alpine star boots and its tough when you cant feel the clutch lever like you can with hiking boots or tennis shoes. :biggrin:

how much you want for the 304's?

I can get a great deal on the pro-curcuit pipes just have to get silencers which isnt an issue i will buy what all you guys recommended. What i want from my banshee is a good trail rider with lots of reliable power but yet be able to hold its own in drag races on the flats or up hills. I have a 900 cc Arctic Cat Sled and its what i like fast and handles great and whoops ass in a drag race, and gets its but beat to. I just want the most reliable power i can get. I want to put reeds in and get these pro-curcuit pipes i can get for a great deal. Then i will get the silencers with spark arrstor. probable the fmf q's.

Well you cant have both the Top end of a R1 and the low end of a tractor.

If you after all out top end then CPI or Shearer pipes are the way to go. You will have to run clamp on sparkies with ethire of these pipes. I wouldnt get ethire of these pipes if your not going to be getting a port job.

A good all around pipe would be the FMF SST's with Turbine core 2's

Your buddies running PT high revs knew what's good. They're my favorite all around pipe. They're about the only ones you can change plugs on a hot engine with and ride with shorts on.

I'm running mine with pro circuit spark arrested silencers. The PC silencers needed about 3" worth of 1" stainless tubing to make them meet up with the PT pipes. Something you'll probably have to do too if you try to use FMF silencers with the PC pipes. I question thier 96db rating though, they're rather loud at full song.

I hear you on what you want. That was my goal too which is why I'm running a somehwat strange setup. I just got back from a 5 day riding trip to Wellsville, Ohio (which is a 3000 acre moutain terrain off road park). I finally had an oppertunity to really ride my banshee since I got all the bugs worked out of her and rebuilt the top end. And holy crap :biggrin: . With the mods listed in my sig, I had excessive amounts of power for any of the hillclimbs and drag races but was able to putt around on the trails easily enough. Everyone in the 15 person group I went with rode it and couldn't believe how mild mannered it was on the trails until you pushed the thumb.

On pavement, I had the chance to drag against a Ron Wood stage 2 ds650, ported and cammed yfz450, CT built honda 330R, and a trail ported and piped banshee. We did best of 3 races with each and I beat all of them. The DS650 was a really close race and always took the holeshot but it fell off badly around 60-70mph where I was able to keep pulling hard.

Thanks, ya i know i want to much, all around power i am greedy when it comes to horsepower haha. Other then changing jets when i run aftermarket pipes, do i have to change needle jet position? :biggrin:

Well you cant have both the Top end of a R1 and the low end of a tractor.

If you after all out top end then CPI or Shearer pipes are the way to go. You will have to run clamp on sparkies with ethire of these pipes. I wouldnt get ethire of these pipes if your not going to be getting a port job.

A good all around pipe would be the FMF SST's with Turbine core 2's

Sounds like your Shee flies. Nothing sounds as good as aftermarket pipes on a twin shee. Ya i want to look into riding in ohio and i hear Indiana to all have cool places to ride and you just pay a fee and ride. Michigan lower penninsula trails are going extinct. I cant believe how they have Bull Gap now, and alot of trails you know and use to head to gas stations are rerouted, so now you have to plan another way to get to a few gas stations. I went up to Luzerne and headed toward mio first and traveled them trails for years and got on one i know and it wasnt the same and i had to turn back. i dont remember the number, i started on 989 trail. Thanks for all the info :biggrin:

Your buddies running PT high revs knew what's good. They're my favorite all around pipe. They're about the only ones you can change plugs on a hot engine with and ride with shorts on.

I'm running mine with pro circuit spark arrested silencers. The PC silencers needed about 3" worth of 1" stainless tubing to make them meet up with the PT pipes. Something you'll probably have to do too if you try to use FMF silencers with the PC pipes. I question thier 96db rating though, they're rather loud at full song.

I hear you on what you want. That was my goal too which is why I'm running a somehwat strange setup. I just got back from a 5 day riding trip to Wellsville, Ohio (which is a 3000 acre moutain terrain off road park). I finally had an oppertunity to really ride my banshee since I got all the bugs worked out of her and rebuilt the top end. And holy crap :biggrin: . With the mods listed in my sig, I had excessive amounts of power for any of the hillclimbs and drag races but was able to putt around on the trails easily enough. Everyone in the 15 person group I went with rode it and couldn't believe how mild mannered it was on the trails until you pushed the thumb.

On pavement, I had the chance to drag against a Ron Wood stage 2 ds650, ported and cammed yfz450, CT built honda 330R, and a trail ported and piped banshee. We did best of 3 races with each and I beat all of them. The DS650 was a really close race and always took the holeshot but it fell off badly around 60-70mph where I was able to keep pulling hard.

yah, i know how you feel. i'm actually going to do a midrange port, that will work with both the pro-circuts/lowend reeds, and the fmf's/mid/top reeds, so that i can change my setup when i camp/ride in different spots. i won't be getting the most i can out of either setup, but at least i'll keep it maliable, untill i settle on one setup, or build 2 different bikes

Steves banshee - Yeah, it runs pretty good I suppose. I'm really schocked myself at how it runs. It's never ran like it does now in the 6 years I've had it. I hear you about the trails in MI sucking. My family has a cabin between gaylord and lewiston in the middle of the crapo creek trail system. Looking at the map, it's about the last one left. I've been riding it since I was a kid and am dreading the day they start cutting the routes down. I'll be up there the whole week before and the weekend of 4th of july. Give me a shout if you'll be up there.

I will definatly let you know. I ordered a clutch and gonna stick it in when it gets here and want to go play/test up in the trails this weekend and every weekend coming up, and hope to have a set of pipes and reeds with in the week. Next year or probably later in the year maybe i will do port work. I will have the good clutch any day now, pipes within the week, it has boost bottle i know it dont do much but it came with the bike and then stick some reeds in it and hopefully it will be a contender with them 4strokes. :biggrin:

Steves banshee - Yeah, it runs pretty good I suppose. I'm really schocked myself at how it runs. It's never ran like it does now in the 6 years I've had it. I hear you about the trails in MI sucking. My family has a cabin between gaylord and lewiston in the middle of the crapo creek trail system. Looking at the map, it's about the last one left. I've been riding it since I was a kid and am dreading the day they start cutting the routes down. I'll be up there the whole week before and the weekend of 4th of july. Give me a shout if you'll be up there.