What about Shell V Power fuel!?

gst_r

Hi guys! I saw this fuel at the Shell station, i look over the internet and it says that: "Shell V-Power is the most advanced fuel Shell has ever developed-a high-octane, nitrogen enriched premium gasoline that actively cleans while you drive to help improve engine performance."

will this nitrogen enriched fuel harm my engine? will i get any gains from running this fuel? thanks...

Shell V Power

Edited by gst_r

i use it in my banshee no real gains from it but hasnt done anything bad to it, really the only way to see any gains it to but it on a dyno and try out a bunch of different fuels against it, you know what i mean. kinda like how QUAD MAGAZINE did awhile back with the race gas.

Pump gas is Pump gas dont let any advertisements tell you different.

I guess I dont see how enriching fuel with a Non Flamable, Non Oxidizing, Inert gas improve performance.

I thought the whole idea of getting better performance was to get fuel in to the cylinder along with Oxygen wich suports combustion vs Nitrogen which doesnt.

well most of that is just garble about it cleaning deposits, but the right oils will take care of that anyways. in your car, it would be good. i've been running nothing but chevron for 10+ years, and seen great results keeping any deposits down, however, i' always been told that the techron isn't good to run in a 2 stroke, because it keeps the oil from hanging around like it should, and i don't know much worse the effect will be with v-power.

on a note about the nitrogen, i don't know if the v tech even has any effect on this, but nitrogen levels do change througout the day, and vary from place to place. higher levels do help the combustion process some. have you ever noticed that ylur car/bike runs much better at or just after dusk, when the nitrogen levels jump alot higher than durring a hot day when they are the lowest? i'm pretty sure some know alot more about it's effect on the banshee than me, but that's just my 2 cents :thumbsup:

any combustion engine is going to run better when the ambient air is cooler as colder air expands greater than hot air, so cooler air makes a bigger bang.

maybe what ever theyre putting in that gas slows the burn down so you can add more timing and/or air pressure ?

Edited by dirtydownunder

Pump gas is Pump gas dont let any advertisements tell you different.

I guess I dont see how enriching fuel with a Non Flamable, Non Oxidizing, Inert gas improve performance.

I thought the whole idea of getting better performance was to get fuel in to the cylinder along with Oxygen wich suports combustion vs Nitrogen which doesnt.

All gasoline has nitrogen in it.......

Kinda same subject. I live by a huge fuel depot, that's on the Intercoastal Waterway. The same ship delivers oil to Cheveron, Shell, BP, Citgo, and whatever else fuel company is right there on the same dock. I know they all got their own filtration techniques, and put their own additives and crap in there, but they can't be that much different. To me, gas is gas. The only difference I see is octane ratings and price. It all comes out of the pump, with a yellow tint, and is unleaded.

If you want to keep your fuel system clean just add some cleaner to it... I mix some in all my fuels have always used cleaners on my cars and trucks... after three truck motors and 2 car motors i have taken down to add performance parts the top of the pistons and combustion chambers are always clean. and I have tried the old sprayn some ATF fluid in the intake while it is running to remove carbon. Seems like it works but I really never want to take down a motor and put it back together just to see if it works. I guess if your having problems with build up then I would have to say change your gas

If you want to keep your fuel system clean just add some cleaner to it... I mix some in all my fuels have always used cleaners on my cars and trucks... after three truck motors and 2 car motors i have taken down to add performance parts the top of the pistons and combustion chambers are always clean. and I have tried the old sprayn some ATF fluid in the intake while it is running to remove carbon. Seems like it works but I really never want to take down a motor and put it back together just to see if it works. I guess if your having problems with build up then I would have to say change your gas

If your engine is running stoich, or slightly lean, it should stay clean anyways.

so i guess it will be better to run some 100 octane fuel....i have 130psi of compression and +4 timing...do you thinks guys if i will be able to burn a mix of 50/50 (110 racing fuel and 91 premium)?....thanks for all your responses...

any combustion engine is going to run better when the ambient air is cooler as colder air expands greater than hot air, so cooler air makes a bigger bang.

maybe what ever theyre putting in that gas slows the burn down so you can add more timing and/or air pressure ?

nitrogen rich air is different than cold air. what i was pointing out is that the nitrogen levels are highest at dusk and a few hours after, as the ground cools, but dissapates as the night goes on, and gets cooler. that is why you seem to have more power at the begining of the night, than 2-3 am, when it's even cooler. it's irrelivent, though, to the matter at hand. just a fun fact. the bottom line is they are boasting more power through cleanliness alone. i never use cleaners, juswt chevron. doesn't cost any extra, never had a problem with water and such, and i've the piece of mind knowing that it's not gonna build up without any nut sweat. we have 2 refineries that supply to all the chains, split up, i.e. cheveron/shell/texico, and the other one has the rest.

like i said, kind of iffy about running harsh cleaners through a 2 stroke. who knows what's compatible with what oil. i say- run whatever clean gas, and let the oil take care of keeping deposits down

so i guess it will be better to run some 100 octane fuel....i have 130psi of compression and +4 timing...do you thinks guys if i will be able to burn a mix of 50/50 (110 racing fuel and 91 premium)?....thanks for all your responses...

dude, i can barely read your sig pic, but i remember what it says :biggrin:

Sorry I have to correct you on that one. Cold air does not expand greater than hot air. Its all the same air. Where the difference lays is that cold air is more dense than hot air so it takes up less space than the same amount of hot air. So the reason cold air makes a "bigger bang" is because you can fit/force more cold air in the same amount of space than you can of hotter air. Since there is more air in the same amount of space there is obviously more oxygen. Which is the reason their is a bigger bang. Not because it expands greater lol