Ebay sleeves

Just picked up these sleeves because I thought I could use them some day and they sold cheap. They have no markings on them. The wrapper looks like it might have said northwest sleeve. They were advertised as la sleeve. They measure 65mm id 73 od and are 132mm tall. Are these big bore sleeves or am i confused thought they should measure around 64mm id. Link

I got ahold of Northwest Sleeve by email. They said hard to tell what they are. They have built several sleeves over the years to builders specs. He did tell me they should measure 63.5mm. Looks like I bought some 1/2 worn out sleeves. Guy I bought them from is playing dumm.

they aren't big bore sleeves, if the bore of the sleeve is 65mm. big bore sleeves start out at 68mm bore.

Not always. I had big bore sleeves put in a set of cylinders. They started out at 66mm and last bore was 68mm. The nice thing about them is they didnt choak the transfer ports.

Maybe those are the ones you got. They would require a finish bore to be usable. You cant just slap in sleeves in and run them. They have to be bored to spec after being installed.

How thick is the sleeve at the bottom of the cylinder Measure it on the side of the transfer ports. That might give you some kind of Idea.

josh

Not always. I had big bore sleeves put in a set of cylinders. They started out at 66mm and last bore was 68mm. The nice thing about them is they didnt choak the transfer ports.

Maybe those are the ones you got. They would require a finish bore to be usable. You cant just slap in sleeves in and run them. They have to be bored to spec after being installed.

How thick is the sleeve at the bottom of the cylinder Measure it on the side of the transfer ports. That might give you some kind of Idea.

josh

josh, where did you find the 66mm-68mm bore sleeves. i can't seem to find any in parts unlimited or anything. thanks.

josh, where did you find the 66mm-68mm bore sleeves. i can't seem to find any in parts unlimited or anything. thanks.

I dont know where He got them at. I just sent the cylinders to him. He ordered the sleeves and did all the work. You can try getting a hold of him to see where he got them at.

I would imagine they are a Nortwest sleeve or LA Sleeve.

They wernt the big sleeves that go clear out to the cylinder head studs.

Here Dan's web page. He can be hard to get a hold of but give him some time.

http://www.patriotracing.net

RH05.jpg

LH12.jpg

LH11.jpg

josh

The sleeve walls measure just under 4mm thick. What pistons do you use at 68mm?

looks like you got a hell of a deal. did it come with two?

Yes I got 2 sleeves for that price just not sure exactly what i got.

With 68 mm you can run Blaster pistons, so long as you have domes suited for those pistons as the crown is different from

Banshee pistons. On second thought...Well...the pin placement is different in the Blaster pistons, though.....you may have to have custom pistons (like a 392 cub) or some custom domes to run 68mm. Not sure I'd punch it to 68 mm for no reason. Not much gain from 66mm.

you would use 68mm pistons, w/a 68mm bore. what does the OD and ID of your ebay sleeves measure?

Sleeves measure 65mm inside 73mm outside. I doubt I would ever use them as big bore. Just was curious. Not sure what to do with them but oil them up and put em on the shelf. Don't really need them yet. Its pretty flusterating the guy sold them as stock bore.

Thanks for all the help guys.

if i'm not mistaken, i think he can use the WSM big bore pistons, that are available thru parts unlimited.

i found this link....it seems you can only use the WSM pistons in a WSM sleeve?

http://www.procycledepot.com/BIG_BORE_PIST...0400-91487.html

You can still use the WSM banshee pistons with out WSM sleeves. The WSM pistons do have larger intake windows.

I had 2 good seasons out of my WSM pistons in my 421 cub probably could have gotten more if I wouldn't have sold it. They make them for the stock rod and the long rod. Good piston IMO.. I'd run'em again if I had the option.