33 PWKS, need help

Sup HQ, need some help getting these dialed in. I have T5's, +4 timing, vf3's, @150psi on full drag port. Just traded Travis my 28 PWK's for these and we kept same jets, Im at 50 on the pilot and 162 on the mains, which is what i was running with the 28's and it ran strong, i ran my buddies 34 pj's on mine and it absolutely screamed with the drag port and thats why i traded for these, not getting that same effect.....where should i start guys?

Thanks

Brad

I would say you probably need to cut down the pilot to at least a 48 if not a 45.

What needles were in the PJ's and wich ones do you have in the PWK's.

i know for a fact he has 160 mains because i got em for him..... as for pilots im not to sure on, ill have to wait till he gets off work n check, ill just go grab some 160 mains and some 48 and 45 pilots...... just dont know why the 50's would work in the 28 pwks and need to go smaller on a bigger 33 pwk?

edit : ima pull my needles out and look at em, ill have something for ya in a sec.....

Edited by Ieat4strokes

i am running 33 pwk's on the cub.. if i remember right, that pilot is waay to big.. i ended up with a 45 i think.. can't remember what size mains i ended up with.. explain how it is acting when you ride it.. lets se if you are too rich or too lean.. more than likely you are too rich.. when they are lean they run great, just not for long.. rich causes sputtering and blubery sluggish throttle response

i am running 33 pwk's on the cub.. if i remember right, that pilot is waay to big.. i ended up with a 45 i think.. can't remember what size mains i ended up with.. explain how it is acting when you ride it.. lets se if you are too rich or too lean.. more than likely you are too rich.. when they are lean they run great, just not for long.. rich causes sputtering and blubery sluggish throttle response

yep gary beat me to it. i bet you are a bit rich also. try leaning the needle one notch and see if it helps. or did you already get it figured out brad?

yep gary beat me to it. i bet you are a bit rich also. try leaning the needle one notch and see if it helps. or did you already get it figured out brad?

havent really got it dialed in yet, its like its lacking on the top end though compared to the 34's, but jetting seems spot on when i do a 1-6th wide open plug test. they are a light brown, ima lean the needle one notch and go from my 165's to 162's. I thought i put my 162's in and my 162's are still in my bag. *shrugs* ill try that out tomm and post up. next size down i have are 158's, need some 160's......

my 300ft dirt times dropped from 5.3's to a 5.0 but its still not pulling hard up top, almost boggin in top of 5th

Edited by Ieat4strokes

Do you know what needles were in the PJ's when you had them on the drag port and it was ripping around?

If it isnt pulling as hard on the top end then it probably isnt the pilot. You can try a mian jet change.

I'll get him to pull his needles for me today, almost certain there diff, his has more of a tapered look to them instead of all fat and blunt looking like mine..... i do remeber that much