K&N

I've always used the recharge cleaning shit.Has anyone tried anything else?I use other shit on foams but not on the K&N's.I am out of the cleaning stuff and just was checking.Thanks.

ive used dish detergent and it works great!!, just let it soak in a bucket of warm water with dish detergent and then scrubbed with a tooth brush, it works just as well....no sure if its damaging the filter or not though so ahha do what u wanna...but i havent had anyproblems with mine..

well my k&n pods cost me like 65$ i would recomend using ther cleaning product or dishsoap(ive used dishsoap on foam filters works great) But i wouldnt scrub it, the original directions say not to scrub, just knock the execss dirt loose go riding until you get cleaner. :cool:

Edited by kawa110

plain hand cleaner works awesome-not the shit with pumice the smooth stuff

I was going to ask the same questing because it seems i go through the cleaner fast then I do the oil... and i clean mine after every dune trip or every two-three woods riding. and I have 7 bikes and a rhino i have to clean... so this shit adds up!!!

I was going to ask the same questing because it seems i go through the cleaner fast then I do the oil... and i clean mine after every dune trip or every two-three woods riding. and I have 7 bikes and a rhino i have to clean... so this shit adds up!!!

roger that!

I currently have a can of klotz air filter cleaner and a can of klotz fabric air filter oil. The cleaner took k&n's oil right out of the filter. It comes in a aerosol can so no more pumping.

The oil is a light green or blue. The dye isn't verry strong so it is hard to tell when you have enough on. I ended up way over oiling my filters.

Maxima has a fab1 foam and fabric oil. I have used it on foam filters. I wouldn't use it on a fabric filter. It is so sticky I don't think you would ever get it out.

I think I am going to stick with klotz cleaner and k&n oil.

I currently have a can of klotz air filter cleaner and a can of klotz fabric air filter oil. The cleaner took k&n's oil right out of the filter. It comes in a aerosol can so no more pumping.

The oil is a light green or blue. The dye isn't verry strong so it is hard to tell when you have enough on. I ended up way over oiling my filters.

Maxima has a fab1 foam and fabric oil. I have used it on foam filters. I wouldn't use it on a fabric filter. It is so sticky I don't think you would ever get it out.

I think I am going to stick with klotz cleaner and k&n oil.