CRJ temprature gauge

rtcc

Hey guys, I was going to make a poll but that seemed unnecessary.

Anyway, I really want to know how many people have this gauge and have made it work and how many have it and cant get it to work.

This is the way I want to go with my bike but the problems seem hit or miss in the few threads that are on here.

I know there is others on the market but I dont want the big bulky gauges that are on the hose because it will be a pain in the ass with my paul turners to see it or possibly even fit it in there.

ok so please let me know either way if you have one!

thanks

Works fine for me for 2 years.

Ran there first gen one.

Now run there updated model, works great for me.

Just have to hook it up properly and run the right ® spark plugs so there no electrical noise.

Also install the probe as far away from the coil as possible.

It says right in red letters WILL NOT WORK ON BANSHEE? It measures temperature, how can it

not work???

I think they added that to there site because so many people are having trouble with them so they would rather just not sell them to banshee owners. Which also makes me think they have given up on the banshee.

Also install the probe as far away from the coil as possible.

Do you have any pictures of how you installed yours? I would like everyone to compare and maybe we could figure out what needs to be done.

For that price you could get a trail tech vapor does temp and a whole lot more. Love mine

Those are nice but I think they are way too bulky and I dont want to clutter up my bars anymore. I dont really want the CRJ on there but I can live with it. I have rox risers and mx bars so I dont think the camp holder would work for me.

I was reading also that people were having the same type of problems with the trail tech but it just needed the resister plugs and to wire it the right way and it was fine. I think thats the same with the crj.

Thanks for that. I will think about it more I guess. It still just seems so big and "computery." If it was smaller I would love all that.

and Im not putting a meat thermometer on my bike. I was thinking of building my own version of the crj but I would have to fab up some sort of clamp for it.

Thanks for that. I will think about it more I guess. It still just seems so big and "computery." If it was smaller I would love all that.

and Im not putting a meat thermometer on my bike. I was thinking of building my own version of the crj but I would have to fab up some sort of clamp for it.

I haven't been able to keep mine working for long periods of time. The RTD is located at the top near my radiator inlet (as far from the coil as I can get). I've shielded the cable to the micro processor and grounded one end. However, I am running a BP plug instead of a BR plug and am not willing to change. Electrical noise without the use of a battery (like the 4 strokes) prevents the suppression of noise in the ignition system. This is why the micro processor faults and turns itself off.

SP

I would not do a meat thermometer either. I can see it overheating, and that thing blowing boiling coolant in your face! No thanks.

I have a Mr. Gasket Thermocap. It works fine...

You HAVE TOO run a "r" plug with the CRJ or your wasting your time with it.

Like i said before, mine has worked flawless, and they say that it don't work on banshees on there site because most people don't run a resistor plug and they will cut out on a shee. I told CRJ that so maybe they will listen.

Oh well mine works great!

Hey mdhc, how long have you had your Mr. Gasket thermocap? Mine took a crap after about 10 months. It would still read temps but would not hold pressure. I loved it up until then, put my stocker back on and thats what I'm still runnin. Maybe I just got a bad one.