HO stator

i found something by just googling about a defective stator from moose, but i guess that happens with everything. i did read about some people melting wires with the HO stators. im more limited to the fact that i want to run everything off the factory switch, so the 75w bulbs are out for sure. do you think a stock stator can push the 2 50w bulbs, or should i just got with the 35w? i want as much light as possible for my vegas trip.

I personally think the stock stator is the most reliable. And no, I wouldn't run 50s off it. I run 35s off mine and it isn't super bright but I can get by.

SP

I had my stock stator rewound too 200W, works flawless and IMO it's the cheapest and most cost effective way to go. I run 50w trail techs per side and its very bright! :thumbsup:

I had my stock stator rewound too 200W, works flawless and IMO it's the cheapest and most cost effective way to go. I run 50w trail techs per side and its very bright! :thumbsup:

savage are you running them thru the stock wiring and switch? where can i get mine rewound, and how much is it?

Out of that entire thread, how did you come to the conclusion that the Moose stator was garbage? I've never heard of anyone having issues with the Moose stator. Just the Ricky Stator ones and the RM ones from Canada and with those it seems like it is luck of the draw.

But I didn't see any posts that said anything about Moose other then they have had good luck with them. And I would have to say I'm in that group as well.

SP

now i can confirm moose stators are garbage, i bought 2 of them. one, the bike has no spark. the other it misses and runs like shit at mid to high rpms. both ran perfectly with stock stators. install is perfect, i have installed a ton of stators, and never once had a problem. so yes moose stators are junk.

now i can confirm moose stators are garbage, i bought 2 of them. one, the bike has no spark. the other it misses and runs like shit at mid to high rpms. both ran perfectly with stock stators. install is perfect, i have installed a ton of stators, and never once had a problem. so yes moose stators are junk.

MAN lol, you should have listened to me and got your stock stator rewound to 200W, mine has been flawless and never messed up on me.

Just it was done buy a guy that gives a shit how it will preform and was not one of the mass produced ones in china where they try and get 9380303784 out the door in one day or wherever and how the other HO stators are made.

Good luck man.

MAN lol, you should have listened to me and got your stock stator rewound to 200W, mine has been flawless and never messed up on me.

Just it was done buy a guy that gives a shit how it will preform and was not one of the mass produced ones in china where they try and get 9380303784 out the door in one day or wherever and how the other HO stators are made.

Good luck man.

i tried to get it re done, i called so many places and everyone said they cant do it. i called trailtech, they wont do it, rickystator said they can but im not trusting there eggroll workers to do it. im just going to run 35w bulbs and stock stators. time to rip everything apart AGAIN. i fucking hate chinese sars ass bullshit.

ill bet moose did the same shit ricky stator did, and switch to bs chinese ones. yours is probably a good one from before they switched to the china crap. ill stay oem, the last thing i want to be worrying about is if my stator is gonna die when im like 50 miles from the truck, or dipping on some faggot ass cops

I've had the 250w Moose stator for 6 years, and I've never had a single problem with it. My bike runs great, and I'm running two sets of light off of it, with no problems at all.

I've also got one of their old stators. Mine's probably 8 years old. Never had an issue with it.

SP