2005 Banshee SE

I'm about to trade my 94 900rr for an 05 Banshee SE.

Banshee has full dyno port it has K&N air filter and twist throttle "motion pro" also has an exhaust on it but the guy doesn't know what kind and the picture isn't clear enough to see it (at least for me). No clue what a full dyno port is, anyone?

I don't know shit about quads.... and even I know the banshee is a bad motherfucker. :evil:

Anyway since I don't know shit about them, I'm going to rely on you guys for lots of help and before you groan and cuss, I do know how to use a search button so at least I have that going for me.

I'm gonna need some new tires very soon but here she is.

post-32550-1242396210_thumb.jpg

I'm about to trade my 94 900rr for an 05 Banshee SE.

Banshee has full dyno port it has K&N air filter and twist throttle "motion pro" also has an exhaust on it but the guy doesn't know what kind and the picture isn't clear enough to see it (at least for me). No clue what a full dyno port is, anyone?

I don't know shit about quads.... and even I know the banshee is a bad motherfucker. :evil:

Anyway since I don't know shit about them, I'm going to rely on you guys for lots of help and before you groan and cuss, I do know how to use a search button so at least I have that going for me.

I'm gonna need some new tires very soon but here she is.

I have no clue what a "full dyno port" is and can't tell what pipes either. I would definitely check it over good. Make sure it shifts through all the gears up and down easily. Check for play in the rear axle bearings and swing arm bearings. A arm bushings for play. Does it roll straight when you let go of the handle bars. Check the brakes. Look the motor over really well. Stock head? Broken case by the primary drive sprocket. Is it bored over? If so, how much? Stock is 64mm and you can go up to 66mm before you start getting thin on the sleeves. You can sure sink a lot of cash into a used banshee depending on the care that was given by the previous owner.

No clue what your bike is worth but you could likely buy a bike like that all day long for about 2k maybe less if you search hard.

SP

I agree;

That bike looks filthy to me for a bike that he is trying to trade to you a person would think that he would at least detail it.

The rusted pipes and dirty engine tell me that he didnt care for it much.

It looks ok but then again, whats your bike worth......3 grand maybe?

If a used bike isnt spotless, he didnt take care of it during the time he had it.

There is alot more owners who ride the shit out of banshees and then clean them and do all the maintenance on them around your town I am sure.

Your eye will be the deciding factor......Take the oil plug out and look at the dipstick and see how dirty it is.

Look at the air filter condition. That will give you another clue on if he cared for the bike.

:biggrin:

Thanks for the tips.

I have a buddy of mine thats big into ATVs going with me to check it over for me but I'll give him those tips on what to look for as well.

My bike is worth about 3K but I have two and really am just looking to drop down to one. I've wanted to get an ATV for some time now and if this bike is up to spec then I think it will be a good way to break into it.

Any more tips, I'm all ears.

Dont rocket pipes have the smaller silencer canisters? I think he was talking about a Dynoport 2n1 exhaust. You will be able to tell when you look at it because it will only have 1 silencer instead of 2.

Also, depending on the condition of the 900 your going to trade him I would definetely make him throw some cash to boot.

I did it, she's all mine!

I was sad to see the 900 being hauled away... until I got back on the shee and started eating it up! WOW!

Here is what I did learn over the weekend.... when you see that standing water and think hey I'll go through that to cool off, make sure you have goggles on and your mouth closed :confused: