Recomendations

I'm redoing my shee & wannna second opinion on jetting. Stock jugs with agressive dune port case matched, 4mm crank long rod , v-force 2's, cpi inframes, 36mm keihin's off a 96 cr 125, +4 timing, 160psi static running 91 octane, coolhead with .037 squish, pistons coming outta the jugs .095, 29.33 mm to the top of the exhaust 44.33 to the top of the transfers with a blow down of 32 if I remeber right , uni pods with outerwears. I'm at 5000 ft, call it 80-90 degrees & guessin I need 52 pilots & 172 -175 main with the clip in the middle. I just dont want to melt it as it's all new just built, but I want a close starting point. thanks for the input

Excellent, Thanks for the input jbooker82, I was wondering if anyone was was gonna coment. My needle is a r1369m

s

I'm using these carbs cause they're the closest I can get to what's on my cr500. I can get it to run really nice. The 500 has a 38 pj on it I believe. Its jetted @ 170 main & 55 idle mid clip. Honda recomends a 50 idle 165 mains but with the pipe & vforce I figure it needs a little more. It runs awesome @ 40 degree's. I need to lean my idle to 50 & drop the needle 1 when it's warmer. Thats why I'm figuring what I am on jetting, but it seems everyone on here runs alot leaner. With port work & pods over & above what the 500 has it seems you'd need even more fuel. Does smaller bore come into play. I realize the carbs are a little smaller too but...?

The squish clearance is on the tight side...

Yeah it's bare minium. I'm a machinist/auto engine assembler by trade. .037 is the minimum allowable clearance before you kiss the roof, but the quench being as tight as possible helps stir the fuel/air blend making more power along the way.