trans rebuild.

i haven't ridin my banshee in awhile do to life and some medical issues but the last time i rode it i put a little hurtin on my transmission. i went for a trail ride in Pa and the transmission was hard shifting and was getting jammed up.it won't shift into 3rd even if i tried pulling up on the shifter by hand .so i've decided to just replace the forks,drum,star and shifter shaft.i was looking at the yakkey shifter drum assembly and was wondering if it was worth it or a waste of money. i have no problem spending the money i just want it to have no problems.any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by Mxracer776

any suggestions?

this is the part i'm talking about------shift drum

I think the only thing they do to that drum is turn down the end of it that sits in the case so that you can fit a needle bearing on the end. I have it done to my tranny but I did it myself. It is easy to do if you have access to a lathe. I also have bearings on the shift shaft and removed every other dog from the gears and every other webbing removed allowing the gears to mesh easier. It shifts great but is nothing like a dunable.

SP