Shock Covers

KlotzBanshee

Shock Covers.  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've herd a lot of conflicting opinions on the use of shock covers. Some say they will keep the fine dust from tearing up your valves and valve seals; while others say they keep air from traveling around the shock body causing overheating, fade, damage and so on. So what are your opinions on this subject? Feel free to elaborate.

i run neoprene dirtskins myself and think they're awesome. i've heard the nylon lets dust through and also stones can still chip your springs through the nylon. neoprene is waterproof and also provides some cushioning if you get caught on the wrong end of a roost. i wont run without them. i'll be doing the yfz450 front end swap soon and will be using ltr450 shocks and they'll definitely sport dirt skins.

The covers are worth running if you are in the mud.............

Otherwise, the covers just trap sand, dirt, and moisture aroiund the shock shaft, where it hangs out and does abrasive things to your seals. Additionally, they tend to rub the paint and or powder coating off of your shock body and springs.

37 views and only 9 votes and 1 reply. It there a friggin gas leak in here? c'mon you lazy bitches! lol

How hard is it to click the mouse and vote? Its not like I'm asking ya to do fuggin push ups. :sweat:

I'm gonna throw down some pushups now. I run them to keep the chips from happening on the springs.