Possible?

Getting my new cylinders drag ported by a pretty reputable builder in my area and he swears that i can drop my 5.2's-5.3's (with current setup in sig) in 300ft dirt drags to mid to low 4's....... I was running knobbies when i ran the 5.3 and the track was like 4 inches deep or more of tha loose shit lol everyone else was running paddles.....

Also im running 21cc domes @ 130 psi @ 300ft ASL, he said i should go to 18's that he has done it with no issues, so i ordered some 18cc domes as well...... are low 4's possible with say the right gear and some pro wedge 2's???

By running a paddels or something instead of knobbies, raising your comp. ratio running some race gas and a more agressive port job its possible I'd say especially with your whole bike tuned perfectly

Yea a port job is night and day difference. It is as big of a difference as going from stock pipes to aftermarket.

Do you plan on only drag racing? If you just drag for fun and do other types of riding I would go for a dune port. I had a stock cylinder 4 mill drag ported. I could ride it in the trails ok but I got tired of having absolutly no low end and ok mid range.

I am now running a 4mill dune port with cpi's and the midrange pull is much better, and it has a great top end.

Then again one mans drag port is another mans dune port. It just depends on the builder.

josh

Low 4s is pretty difficult with your setup (after porting). Mid 4s would be a reasonable goal to shoot for. Hope you have an override, struts and wheelie bar.

Edit: and some different pipes. (CPI, Shearer, etc.)

i would be happy with mid 4's to be honest...... i think some tires wouldve put me in the high 4's like im sitting..... but yea i have struts, planning on a override and picking up me some pro wedges tomm after work, also im trading of the 28's for some 33pwk's...... Im putting heavy duty springs in the clutch when i put cylinders on and will inspect, if clutches look worn or steels are warped or show alot of heat then ill get the clutch kit from Jeff @ F.A.S.T.

I had a blast at the dirt drags and see myself leaning alot towards making this a all out drag bike......shits addictive, especially when u win some $$$$ hhaha

Have you ran on a tree before?Straight strut,some paddles depending on condition and bite of track will very...Tranny is a big factor and so is weight..Im thinking high 4s..I ran a 535 cheetah on a stock chasis no strut or wheelie bar and the best time I could pull was mid 4s..oofs,10 paddle haulers,and stock trans..