Rim size? and carb question

banchilla

Ok so i just bought a 98 banshee 4 mill with passion 12 port work done to. it talked with jim (at passion) said i should have about 70-73hp (he built it about 5 years ago) Im happy has hell with the ride. looking into buying new 10 paddle haulers but i keep getting told to scrap the 8" rim and go to 10" ......is there any real reason to go to 10" rim?? and im running 35MM carbs would it be possible to go to a smaller carb without losing power?

Ok so i just bought a 98 banshee 4 mill with passion 12 port work done to. it talked with jim (at passion) said i should have about 70-73hp (he built it about 5 years ago) Im happy has hell with the ride. looking into buying new 10 paddle haulers but i keep getting told to scrap the 8" rim and go to 10" ......is there any real reason to go to 10" rim?? and im running 35MM carbs would it be possible to go to a smaller carb without losing power?

If Jim set it up with 35s I'd leave em on it. Why change? I love 8" rims better then 10"s by a long shot. They are so much lighter which equals less unspun weight. More wobbly for duning with a tall tire but I run a 21" 9 paddle hauler on 8"s and I like them much better for duning/dragging. If your just dragging I would think you could go up to a 22" tire if you wanted but I don't know how well that would dune. Maybe too much side roll cause of the side wall.

SP

only reason i wanted smaller carbs is to save on gas, race gas is great but when im on empty and my buddy still has half a tank i start thinking about how much its costing me to ride :confused:

I use the same amount of gas with twin carbs as I did with a single carb. Its your porting, not your carb size. Stick with the 8" rims.

I use the same amount of gas with twin carbs as I did with a single carb. Its your porting, not your carb size. Stick with the 8" rims.

Snops probably right. I have had 2 motors with different port jobs. Kevin's port flows a ton more then my Trinity motor did and uses a lot more fuel. If you did drop to a smoller size you likely wouldn't see a decrease in fuel consumption.

SP

i hav some jj and a 8 inch rims with 10 paddles for sell if you interested...$250..u know what jj and a rims sale for..409-790-5086