octane booster

It is bad.

Read the bottle. When it says that it boost ocatne 7-10 points it sounds like it does a great job. What they dont tell you is that 10 points = 1 octan number. So you would jump up from say 90 to 91 octane. How much does a bottle of that stuff cost?

You could buy buy 1 gallon of 110 race fuel and mix it with 3 gallons of 91 octane and end up with 4 gallons of 96 octane fuel. Race fuel is way more effective at raising the octane. It is also better on the enine instead of running a chemical soup of aditives.

josh

It did nothing on a stroked R1 with big comp,I was in a pinch with gas on the street so I tryed it ,it says it treats 10 gallons ,I used the whole thing in tank and ended up towing it home b4 I fucked it up,Pre-det like a bastard

It is bad.

Read the bottle. When it says that it boost ocatne 7-10 points it sounds like it does a great job. What they dont tell you is that 10 points = 1 octan number. So you would jump up from say 90 to 91 octane. How much does a bottle of that stuff cost?

You could buy buy 1 gallon of 110 race fuel and mix it with 3 gallons of 91 octane and end up with 4 gallons of 96 octane fuel. Race fuel is way more effective at raising the octane. It is also better on the enine instead of running a chemical soup of aditives.

josh

This is incorrect. You can not mix fuel to make a diff oct. rating. OCT. is the resistance of detonation, so if you mix 89, and 110 you have a fuel that (in theory) detonates early and late. It will not mix and create a higher oct rating just a fuel with 2 diff oct ratings and burn times. :geek:

This is incorrect. You can not mix fuel to make a diff oct. rating. OCT. is the resistance of detonation, so if you mix 89, and 110 you have a fuel that (in theory) detonates early and late. It will not mix and create a higher oct rating just a fuel with 2 diff oct ratings and burn times. :geek:

Also most Oct. boosters are kerosene based not gas based. Just to clear up the how dose Oct booster work? question.

And the Booster is a bad idea on a shee, just do a compression check, get a good reading and base your fuel off of that. Its cheaper to buy 110 and know you have 110 than think you have boosted 110 and and blow a topend. Just my .02

i cannot agree with that statement. that is exactly how they get the octane rating. start with 100 octane, and add heptane to a controll engine, untill it begains to detonate at the same rate as the fuel in question. so you are doing the same by using 110, and adding 89 to get the detonation properties of 99. there are 100 points to support this, but, put simply, the method has worked since before you were born. in fact, i remember an o.i.t. about using deisel or kerosene to take a reading while diagnosing a knocking engine(not mechanical knock, of caurse)

i cannot agree with that statement. that is exactly how they get the octane rating. start with 100 octane, and add heptane to a controll engine, untill it begains to detonate at the same rate as the fuel in question. so you are doing the same by using 110, and adding 89 to get the detonation properties of 99. there are 100 points to support this, but, put simply, the method has worked since before you were born. in fact, i remember an o.i.t. about using deisel or kerosene to take a reading while diagnosing a knocking engine(not mechanical knock, of caurse)

Just letting you know what I have seen, heard. The Heptane is not easly soluble it is process dissolved, so simply mixing the 2 fuels in a can is not causing a molecular reconstruction. Fuel is refined, Heated, boiled to dissolve additives such as heptane, not just casually mixed and shaken in a can. you have a solution of 2 differnt molucular compounds not a refined fuel grade.

Not saying Im right but thats what ive heard.

so what your saying is either the higher octane fuel or lower octane fuel will sit on the top like oil on water :blink: most of the people at the local drag track for wheelers are mixing like that and have been for years

AND octane booster is junk just leans out your engine

Edited by TwistedSheeRida

Just letting you know what I have seen, heard. The Heptane is not easly soluble it is process dissolved, so simply mixing the 2 fuels in a can is not causing a molecular reconstruction. Fuel is refined, Heated, boiled to dissolve additives such as heptane, not just casually mixed and shaken in a can. you have a solution of 2 differnt molucular compounds not a refined fuel grade.

Gasoline is not made up of one molecule so there is no need for molecular reconstruction. It is a blend of different chemicals. You need a higher octane fuel so they add more of the chemicals that raise the octane. So how is mixing 2 different gasoline blends not going to raise the octane?

you can buy octane supreme 130-it contains real lead and it does increase octane it is kinda pricey and i know octane boosters are a waste of money but i did some research on this shit .16ozs. in five gallon of 94 octane make 105 octane.it is some extremely nasty stuff -very toxic same shit they took out of gas because it was so nasty.av gas and some race gas is filthy with this.iv'e only ran it in 5 gallons so i can't tell if it is good long term but as of right now it works good and the manufacter said it was cool to mix with 2-stroke.do a google search....good luck

Gasoline is not made up of one molecule so there is no need for molecular reconstruction. It is a blend of different chemicals. You need a higher octane fuel so they add more of the chemicals that raise the octane. So how is mixing 2 different gasoline blends not going to raise the octane?

Word. Gasoline fuels are made up of complex carbon chains, which equals lots of molecules. There is no such thing as molecular reconstruction in your fuel tank, but you make get some chain degredation or realigning. :geek:

In my limited experiance from hauling fuel all over wyoming and colorado, I would go to the refinery and load fuel, there were only 2 kinds of fuel that were at the refinery, regular and supreme, I dont remember the octane levels right now but they were something like 82 and 91, now I hauled 3 levels of gas to the stations, regular, premium, and supreme, at the station pump premium is something like 87 octane and to get to that we would mix about 35% regular and 65% supreme (or vice verce) to make the premium 87 octane, it would seem that mixing the fuels is the way to raise the octane levels. just my .02