what is everyone using for sparkies on CPI inframes

I checked out the trinity site today a set is like 160 its a lil spendy but they do look nice does anyone know if trinity silencers are the same diameter as the cpi's? I kinda need to do with somthing small cause my silencers come out in the middle of the frame kinda like the dmc 916's

I checked out the trinity site today a set is like 160 its a lil spendy but they do look nice does anyone know if trinity silencers are the same diameter as the cpi's? I kinda need to do with somthing small cause my silencers come out in the middle of the frame kinda like the dmc 916's

I put a set on my silencers. The place where they slip in to the silencer body is the same size diameter. The hole in the center for the core isnt.

The factory trinity spark arrestors start out at 1" hole then step down to 7/8" The step down to keep the perforated core from sliding out. I drilled mine out to 1 1/8" half way through. Then ran a 1" drill bit clear though.(double check these mesurements before you drill) I wouldnt a tempt to do it with out a drill press. The walls get kind of thin because the back side has been machined out. I shortend up my cpi silecers about 1.5-1.6 inches for 2 reasons.

#1 I didnt want the long tips hangin out the back.

#2 The cpi's 3 holes that hold the tips on are about 30 deg off so the tips would be cockeyed.

The trinity spark arrestors dont have any stamping or certification number saying that it is USFS approved. I dont know if that is a big deal where you ride but it works fine for me. I think the big part is they dont want jerryrigged screans bing used as a spark arrestor.

CPISilencer6.jpg

CPISilencer4.jpg

CPISilencer5.jpg

that is exactly what I was curious about seems like it wont be to big of a list to do. how long are those tips they look like they are around 3" or so?

i cut my stock silencers just after the female end (bout 3/4 and inch in) and just got a longer piece of high heat silicon hose to connect the little gap. works pretty well for the sometimes i roll in forest service territory. throw the cip ones back on for the dunes and desert.

I put a set on my silencers. The place where they slip in to the silencer body is the same size diameter. The hole in the center for the core isnt.

The factory trinity spark arrestors start out at 1" hole then step down to 7/8" The step down to keep the perforated core from sliding out. I drilled mine out to 1 1/8" half way through. Then ran a 1" drill bit clear though.(double check these mesurements before you drill) I wouldnt a tempt to do it with out a drill press. The walls get kind of thin because the back side has been machined out. I shortend up my cpi silecers about 1.5-1.6 inches for 2 reasons.

#1 I didnt want the long tips hangin out the back.

#2 The cpi's 3 holes that hold the tips on are about 30 deg off so the tips would be cockeyed.

The trinity spark arrestors dont have any stamping or certification number saying that it is USFS approved. I dont know if that is a big deal where you ride but it works fine for me. I think the big part is they dont want jerryrigged screans bing used as a spark arrestor.

CPISilencer6.jpg

CPISilencer4.jpg

CPISilencer5.jpg

Those look very nice! Good work!

I don't miss having to deal with the spark arrestor crap from SoCal. :geek:

Those look very nice! Good work!

I don't miss having to deal with the spark arrestor crap from SoCal. :geek:

Thanks man. I ride at the halsey national forest in the middle of nebraska. They require a spark arrestor. I get along pretty well with the rangers. It is a head ache messing with them though. I have a 1 gallon can of gunk carb dip. I just throw the screens in there when I am not using them. One was almost completly plugged up. I did repack the silencers so I think a few strans of glass were sicking through the core. Now that they have a little time on them they dont get near as plugged.

josh