Just bought a Banshee!

Vaders

I'm stoked! I ran accross a clean, two owner 1999 Banshee on Craigslist. When I looked at it I was amazed by it's condition. It's totally stock, and it turns out that I know the original owner (small town). Whe he bought it, he removed the stickers from the fenders. The fenders shine like new.

The machine has about 15 total hours on it.

The only thing wrong with it is the distressed fenders (white marks) from being tied down.

I can live with that. I picked her up for $2000

I'm going riding this weekend!!!! :biggrin:

th_Nicholass4Wheeler008.jpg

Thanks guys! I can't wait to start riding it. :evil:

I've always wanted one so I finally bit the bullet. You only live once, right?

Nice score man! I would love to fine something all stock for a buddy of mine. He doesn't need anything that someone else has messed with or anything wicked fast to start with. That sounds like a good price if it really is in that good of shape with those hours on it!

SP

nice and welcome! got any better pics of it? youve been on this site for 3 years and just finally get a banshee? id kill myself if i had to look at everyones on here and wait that long!

Yeah, it took me a while. I have tossed the idea around for a while because I live in Florida and the Banshee lives in Wisconsin. When this deal came up I just went for it. I know both of the owners. The original owner took the stickers off when he bought the machine. My Dad (in the pictures) is going to store it for me. He'll start it up and drive it a couple times a month.

Thanks for the tip about getting the white out of the plastic. I'll have to search for more info on doing this.

Here are more pics!

th_BansheenexttoMojavi002.jpg

th_Nicholass4Wheeler003.jpg

th_Nicholass4Wheeler007.jpg

th_BansheenexttoMojavi004.jpg

Nice score man! I would love to fine something all stock for a buddy of mine. He doesn't need anything that someone else has messed with or anything wicked fast to start with. That sounds like a good price if it really is in that good of shape with those hours on it!

SP

Yup, that's exactly what I was looking for. I joke that I found a Unicorn. An unmolested, low hours Banshee that was owned by people I know. On top of that, the machine was 10 miles from where I grew up. I just had to do it.

My only plans for it are to get new rear tires (stock KT877's) and I'll probably replace the grab bar with a small rack so I can carry extra fuel. I'm also considering going down one tooth (13 T) on the front sprocket. My Dad and I ride trails around the Black River area in Wisconsin so I could use the extra torque. We'll have to see about the sprocket though.