new coil wires

rtcc

How do you swap wires on a stock coil?

Any wire would work. I would go for some MSD super conductor wire if it was me.

They have a 18 in super conductor 8.5mm coil wire for 12 bucks. Just cut the one end off and your sparkplug boot is ready to go on the other end.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...mp;autoview=sku

msd-84039.jpg

I thought I read on here long ago about someone pulling off the stock wires and replacing them with some MSD or something. I know it was an automotive wire. I wasnt sure if the 8.5mm was the same or not.

thanks

I dont know about the stock coil. I though the wires were molded in and were non changable.

I run a nology coil and could just use those wires as is. The wires just snap on to the coil like they do for the spark plugs.

I think they might make some kind of splice that would allow you to change the wires. It kind of reminds me of the end of a coaxal tv cable. It threads on over the cut plug wire, and it has a hard steel point in the middle that goes in to the core of the plug wire. You just scew it on the stub wire left hanging out of the coil then thread the new wire in to the other end.

josh