Clean up port

SLORYDER

hey would doing a cleanup nad polish on say my stock port r help out or would i need to send it off to get a serios job done to make a noticeable difference.

btw when u clean up a port what bits would i need the only tool i have that i think would work is a dremmel like what kind of bit for clean up then what kind of bit for polish

hey would doing a cleanup nad polish on say my stock port r help out or would i need to send it off to get a serios job done to make a noticeable difference.

btw when u clean up a port what bits would i need the only tool i have that i think would work is a dremmel like what kind of bit for clean up then what kind of bit for polish

I think everyone will echo this sentiment, a dremel will not work for what you are wanting to do. I suppose with enough time and enough front bearings for your Dremel, you might be able to make a little progress.

I have said this to pretty much anyone I get the chance to, you will spend more buying the right tools than you will to have your engine ported. If you want to go down that road, more power to you, I did, but I invested way more into tools than the most exotic (okay you can prob think of something more exotic) of stock cylinder port jobs would have cost at any of the known sources.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I don't recommend nad polishing either. Just my $.02

polishing isn't the only thing done during a "clean-up" job. polishing is only done on the exhaust port.....BTW.....and doing the polishing itself, won't net ya squat. you will gain more by shaving the stock head .030", than polishing the exhaust ports. you need some actual raising/widening of ports to see a "seat of the pants" gain. normally for "clean-up" port jobs, guys will "knife-edge" their bridge in the intakes, and/or smooth out the step above the intakes. they will also "knife-edge" the bridge for the transfer runners. they might even "blue-print" the motor, which means to match all the ports within the cylinder and to the other cylinder......making sure all main transfer ports roofs are at the same distance from cylinder deck.....making sure all secondary transfer ports roofs are at the same distance from cylinder deck.....making sure all boost ports roofs are at the same distance from cylinder deck.....making sure all exhaust ports roofs are at the same distance from cylinder deck. i'm sure others will chime in and elaborate a little.

Those are both decent pipes... Raise 1.5mm and keep the same basic port shape. Between raising and widening, should work real well for you.

no this is a set of stock cyls.

Will probly mill the head some to run premium and the pipes will be pro circuit or pt hi rev.. Basically would just like to add some in top without completely killing the trailability.