Plugs

i was wonder should i be running a resister plug or not.i haven't been but stopped by the local atv shop to pick up some plugs the other day and they told me i should be running a resister plug being i'm still running the stock ignition.also what is the difference between the 2 plugs? for those who don't now, my mods are in my sig.

i was wonder should i be running a resister plug or not.i haven't been but stopped by the local atv shop to pick up some plugs the other day and they told me i should be running a resister plug being i'm still running the stock ignition.also what is the difference between the 2 plugs? for those who don't now, my mods are in my sig.

I quit running resistor plugs a long time ago and have dynoed between the BR8ES and the BP8ES. No overall hp or torque differences but the BP plug seems to rev out better. I don't know why the R plug would make a difference with or without stock ignition.

SP

The resistor plug cuts down on iterference that your ignition might put out an possibly affect other electrical devices nearby. Both will work fine for your motor. If you plan on installing a stereo on your banshee then get the resistor one!!! :blink: Someone else will chime in in regards to aftermarket ignitions I hope. Not sure if it affects those.

I quit running resistor plugs a long time ago and have dynoed between the BR8ES and the BP8ES. No overall hp or torque differences but the BP plug seems to rev out better. I don't know why the R plug would make a difference with or without stock ignition.

SP

Your compairing two different style plug tips.

BP8ES is a projected tip and the BR8ES is a standard tip.

The projected tip hangs down a little in to the combustion chamber. I would say that would be the differance your feeling, not the fact that one is a resistor and the other is not. I belive that the earlier banshees that say to use the non resistor B8ES have the resistor built in to the spark plug cap.

BP8ES

NGK1086-2.jpg

BR8ES and B8ES

NGK72a-1.jpg