CRJ performance

tidos76

I'm astonished! I got the temp gauge from savage420, it needed a new sensor so i called CRJ to get a replacement. Guy asked my name and addy and is sending me a WHOLE NEW SETUP! FOR FREE! That's what I call great service. Not only is he sending me a new setup but it's their updated model. once i get the new one i may put this gauge up for sale or trade. i know there were a few other guys that wanted it.

I'm astonished! I got the temp gauge from savage420, it needed a new sensor so i called CRJ to get a replacement. Guy asked my name and addy and is sending me a WHOLE NEW SETUP! FOR FREE! That's what I call great service. Not only is he sending me a new setup but it's their updated model. once i get the new one i may put this gauge up for sale or trade. i know there were a few other guys that wanted it.

Yup, there good shit there man, they have always treated me good. They hooked my up with there updated model for free too lil while back, it's got a updated display, beefier billet housing + a lexan cover over the display with an o-ring seal.

Cant beat there service hey.

BTW ty, i got the filters today, thanx man. :thumbsup:

I need feedback Foo!

They have replaced mine as well. Still can't get it to work though. It reads ok for awhile and then shuts off. The guy at CRJ said that it is noise interference from the coil confusing the micro processor in the unit. Remove the battery, let it reset, and it works again for awhile. I've tried everything. Even put a shielding around the length of the cable from the RTD up to the display. This worked the best but eventually did the same thing. My next step is to put a switch inline with the supply fro the battery so I can shut it off without having to take the display out of the housing to reset it.

The guy at CRJ told me they haven't been able to come up with a solution for the banshee yet. He said they have no trouble with the 4 strokes and he thought it was because the battery supressed alot of the noise from the ingnition coil.

You guys are having good luck with this unit?

SP

They have replaced mine as well. Still can't get it to work though. It reads ok for awhile and then shuts off. The guy at CRJ said that it is noise interference from the coil confusing the micro processor in the unit. Remove the battery, let it reset, and it works again for awhile. I've tried everything. Even put a shielding around the length of the cable from the RTD up to the display. This worked the best but eventually did the same thing. My next step is to put a switch inline with the supply fro the battery so I can shut it off without having to take the display out of the housing to reset it.

The guy at CRJ told me they haven't been able to come up with a solution for the banshee yet. He said they have no trouble with the 4 strokes and he thought it was because the battery supressed alot of the noise from the ingnition coil.

You guys are having good luck with this unit?

SP

Works flawless for me. But i have the wire as far away from the coil as possible.

Also im sure you already know to run a resistor plugs right?

Ive only used the new setup for a while so, you never know.

All and all im happy with it.

Edited by savage420

i wonder if adding a filter capasitor in line line world help with the interferance?or maybe putting the sensor up closer to the Radiator. it would put it further from the coil.

I've located the RTD directly under the the inlet at the top of the radiator. I run a BP8ES plug but I tried the BR8ES plug when I had the issue and it didn't help. I am out of ideas and growing weary of dicking around with it.

SP