Sleeve questions.

Hey had a few questions.

Can I get 68mm sleeves (421cc correct?) and just get my old sleeves pressed out and new 1's put in without having to goto a 4mm stroke or bigger?

of course also get .68 pistons aswell.

also if this is possible what are other nessesary upgrades needed? (bigger carbs? Smaller CC domes? dreaded clutch work!?)

ALSO!! What kinda hp could I gain from doing this?

I just dont want to break into this bottom end just yet.

Thanks for any help.

A port job will gain you more power than installing big bore sleeves. You cant press out the sleeves because the cylinders are cast around the sleeves. Theyjust bore the old sleeve out. Most of the time when you run big bore sleeves you run blaster pistons. In order to run blaster pistons you have to run a long rod crank, ethire stock stroke, or 4mill. You might be able to find some big bore pistons for a stock crank.

Big Bore sleeves are not real cost effective vs the hp gained. A 4mill stock ported cylinder will be faster than a big bore ported stock stroke engine.

I would build a ported 4mill. Then when the cylinders are on there last bore look at having them resleeved. The resleve job will cost about the same as buying different cylinders, and having them ported. So if your happy with the port job why not keep it and gain some cc's.

For all the nay sayers look at the pics of my 4mill big bore drag ported cylinders in the for sale forum. The #1 arguement against big bore sleeve is they choak the transfers. Mine still have aluminum in them so how is it any smaller than stock sleeves?

josh