inline rad cooler

MILO

i never really checked the temps before my build to be able to make a comparison, but i bought an inline cooler as added insurance during my winter build. so where is the best location for it? i'm assuming between the head and the rad would be the ideal location, right?

i'm not sure if it's going to do much but it can't hurt as long as it doesn't leak around it. i'm already planning on engine ice and already have a pd impeller, so it's just added insurance but i might as well make the best of it. so where should i put it?

oh yeah, and it's already paid for so i'm not just going to toss it in a box or the trash if they really aren't worth the bother. at least it will look cool. :blush: and have everybody saying "what's that?" :biggrin:

haha, i was gonna sat the best place is the parts box, next to the boost bottle. :biggrin:

the best thing is to use it as a aftercooler, in front of the pipes. ideally, a pre-cooler coming out of the head would be more efficient, but it's all hot air there. either way, it's only like 1-2 degrees difference, which can't really be proven, or noticed. best thing is to make sure the radiator is clean, the coolant is in good condition, and the jetting/fuel is right for your mods

i never really checked the temps before my build to be able to make a comparison, but i bought an inline cooler as added insurance during my winter build. so where is the best location for it? i'm assuming between the head and the rad would be the ideal location, right?

i'm not sure if it's going to do much but it can't hurt as long as it doesn't leak around it. i'm already planning on engine ice and already have a pd impeller, so it's just added insurance but i might as well make the best of it. so where should i put it?

oh yeah, and it's already paid for so i'm not just going to toss it in a box or the trash if they really aren't worth the bother. at least it will look cool. :blush: and have everybody saying "what's that?" :biggrin:

Where ever it can be seen! More bling! Never noticed any drop in temp and I have 2. One after the head and one after the radiator before the water pump.

SP

it sounds like it's a questionable 'mod' after all, lol. but like i said i'll hook it up anyway as i can't foresee any negative impacts from having it as long as it doesn't leak. bling bling :blink:

thanks guys.